How do you get scene controllers on different Vera's to work?

I am having trouble getting my Leviton RZCS1 scene controller working with a Leviton Wall Switch which is controlled by my second Vera 3.

Both Vera Z-wave controllers are bridged together and the Web Interface and my Vera Mobile have no problems controlling the Wall Switch.

I finally figured out how to do scenes and I set up a scene just the way I did the others.

Problem is, this scene never works.

Is it possible to create a scene where the remote and the wall switch are controlled by different Vera 3’s?

I have a breezeway attaching my house to my garage. Each building has a Vera 3 in it. A human needs to be able to tap a switch at each end of the breezeway to turn on the outside lights at night. My house and my garage has a stone exterior and Zwave doesn’t like to go through stone apparently. That’s why the wall switch and the remote scene controller are on different vera 3’s/

I think, theoretically, yes; but don’t know if Vera is handling this particular case correctly. Normally, the scene would be programmed into the devices and Vera wouldn’t really be involved. That won’t work if the devices are in different Z-Wave networks; so Vera needs to get involved, in this case.

Have you tried including the controller into the same Z-Wave network though? (Sounds like the controller and the switch should be able to see each other, and thus the controller can be reached, unless you were out of hops getting to the switch.)

@oTi … does all this translate to the fact that UI5 allows RZCS1 to work properly???

The 1-button scene controller (VRCS1/RZCS1) should be fine. The 1-button zone controller may still be an issue / is problematic (but I haven’t tried again, recently). I don’t think anything has changed between UI4 and UI5 in that regard.

I think, theoretically, yes; but don’t know if Vera is handling this particular case correctly. Normally, the scene would be programmed into the devices and Vera wouldn’t really be involved. That won’t work if the devices are in different Z-Wave networks; so Vera needs to get involved, in this case.

Have you tried including the controller into the same Z-Wave network though? (Sounds like the controller and the switch should be able to see each other, and thus the controller can be reached, unless you were out of hops getting to the switch.)[/quote]

This situation came up because of the two stone buildings and my main Vera could not reach the garage. I wanted a light switch at each end of the breezeway. Just for grins, I removed the devices from each controller a few minutes ago and tried including both of them with the garage Vera3. It worked! Its location allowed it to reach both sides of the breezeway, where the main Vera could not. My 1-button scene controller is now paired with the light switch so my problem is fixed!