How about a new PLEG/PLTS thread?

OK. A new thought. It’s just a matter of sequence.

Conditions
AutoOn1 LightOff1 and (Lightlevel < 70) and Motion
WasAuto1 AutoOn1; LightOn1 < 10
AutoOff1 LightOn1 and ((Lightlevel > 100) or (WasAuto1 and (LightOn1; Now > 1:30)))

Actions
AutoOn1 Turn on Light1
AutoOff1 Turn off Light1

Rex, what does this condition do ? : WasAuto1 AutoOn1; LightOn1 < 10

@RexBeckett
I beat you to it :slight_smile:

@ mikee123

i use a LightwaveRF remote, which might make it all impossible.
I am not familiar with this ... does the state of the device show up in Vera ? Is the status delayed ? (i.e. does it poll for the state) If so than change the 1:00 to just over the polling interval.

The following is similar to my BothAutoOn but for a single light.
WasAuto1 AutoOn1; LightOn1 < 10

Richard, what does this do: and (AutoOn; On1 < 1:00) does that turn true when On1 has been on for less than 1 minute ?

I beat you to it
and I expect you always will! ;D

LightwaveRF is a little liek X10 if you are familiar with that, i control it via the RFX controller, so yes every time i use the lightwave remote, the state does change in Vera, but it cannot be polled for state, its only 1 way communication

Rex, what does this condition do ? : WasAuto1 AutoOn1; LightOn1 < 10

The intention is that it shows that Light1 was turned on by PLEG condition/action AutoOn1. It will be true if LightOn1 last became true less than 10 seconds after AutoOn1 last became true. AutoOn1 can only be true if the motion detector fires while Lightlevel is < 70 and Light1 is off. The reason for the 10 second test is to prevent old AutoOn1 events (previous day, week, …) from being considered.

Well if you use that remote … this logic will not respond.
Is it possible for your remote to act more like a scene controller and have Vera actually initiate the light change ? Then Vera will always know the light status.

I focused on the 1-way and missed the part about Vera seeing the status.

is there a reason you have ! in front of MitionOn ?

The exclamation mark is an alternative to Not so !Motion means the same as Not Motion.

How long does it take for the state change to show-up on the Vera UI?

Skip my last comment … I saw the 1-way … but did not see that you said that Vera did see the state.

more or less instant

It should work OK with PLEG, then.

@RichardTSchaefer’s suggestion and my most-recent one are essentially the same logic. The main difference is that I am suggesting that you handle each light individually so you still get auto on and off for one light even if you switch the other on manually.

yes i can understand the logic behind both ways now which is great. I have already changed mine now, so waiting for the dark to try… did not have time to try earlier, otherwise would have changed the dark levels and tried in the daylight

Guys, What am I doing wrong? I tried to set-up the bathroom fan scene with PLEG and I can’t get it to work. Here is what the status log shows:

I do not understand your logic …
(i.e. is Fan$Off the state you want to TURN OFF the fan ? )
I need a written description of what you are attempting to accomplish.

If the bathroom is not being used … what state(s) do you expect ?
Examine your logic and the Status report and see why that state is not as expected.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer”]I do not understand your logic …
(i.e. is Fan$Off the state you want to TURN OFF the fan ? )
I need a written description of what you are attempting to accomplish.

If the bathroom is not being used … what state(s) do you expect ?
Examine your logic and the Status report and see why that state is not as expected.[/quote]

I’m trying to get the fan to kick on if the light has been on for more than 3 minutes. Once it’s on, I was hoping to have two levels of timers for determine how long the fan should stay on for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For starters, you have your first condition “Fan$Off” referring to the status of a condition “Fan$Short” that happens after it. You’re going to have to reorder them so that “Fan$Off” is after “Fan$Idle” and “Fan$Short” so that the status’ of those conditions have been evaluated before PLEG gets to “Fan$Off”