HotFix - Vision Door Sensor ZD2102

Hello,

Here is the code I use, until the GetVera fix, for the Vision Door Sensor (not Z-Zwave Plus) that stays tripped.

ZD2102_lastTrips = {}

function onZD2102IsTripped (lul_device, lul_service, lul_variable, lul_value_old, lul_value_new)
	local lastTrip = ZD2102_lastTrips[lul_device] or 0
	ZD2102_lastTrips[lul_device] = os.time()
	if ((lul_value_new == "1") and (os.difftime(os.time(), lastTrip) <= 1)) then
		luup.log("[ZD2102 HotFix] The sensor is tripped too fast after closing : reverts to closed position.", 2)
		luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", "0", lul_device)
	end
end

luup.variable_watch("onZD2102IsTripped", "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 95)
luup.variable_watch("onZD2102IsTripped", "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 120)

Just add your sensors with the “variable_watch” line

Hello There,
I am a beginner and ask for help.
Please a step by step explanation.
Vera3 Firmware 1.7.619
ID128
Device 445

Thanks Peter

Hello pucki,

according to the release note (http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/2043352-ui7-▾-version-7-0-9-1-7-619-1-7-1248-▾-july-1-2015), we could hope that this issue would have been fixed.
As I’m waiting more informations on this new firmware, I can not confirm that Vision door sensors are really fixed.

If you want to use my fix, just add the code in your startup Lua script : “Apps->Develop apps->Edit Startup Lua”.

You have to change the lines with “variable_watch” and put your ids (one line by sensor).
For example (if your Vision sensor has the id 445) :

luup.variable_watch("onZD2102IsTripped", "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 445)

I noticed yesterday my ‘package delivered’ sensor (which uses one of these) had not untripped when I got home even though the UPS guys had placed the package in the storage box 2 hours before) I’ll keep an eye on it…

Hi vosmont,

Your code works like a charm. I have vera support looking at it. They asked me to put verbose loggin on. I would think they know this is an issue and would have enough logs, but any how. So see if they come up with a fix, if not, you have :slight_smile:

Cheers Rene

[quote=“vosmont, post:3, topic:187886”]Hello pucki,

according to the release note (http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/2043352-ui7-▾-version-7-0-9-1-7-619-1-7-1248-▾-july-1-2015), we could hope that this issue would have been fixed.
As I’m waiting more informations on this new firmware, I can not confirm that Vision door sensors are really fixed.[/quote]

It has not been fixed, I have a open ticket waiting for a fix.

Marciorschneider, let me know if you hear anything from them, and if you do, what they did to fix it.

I have the Vision Door Sensor ZD2102-5, so I am guessing Gen5 equipment.
I bought these at MonoPrice as no name devices.

Right now my issue is that if I set notifications for Door Open and Door Closed, nothing happens when you open the door, but it will send both the Open and Closed Door message when you close the door.

I have tried the scripts in this post and neither work or fix this issue.

Mark

On the vision ZG8101 i had to increase the os.difftime to 10 seconds
Thank you for the hotfix now it works

with 1.7.690 the code no longer works

Hi All,

I set a few of these (the Monoprice versions) up yesterday and was able to figure out a simpler fix for these door sensors.

My hunch is that even though these are door sensors, Vera is treating them like Motion sensors. At least the behavior I saw coming from these sensors really seemed to be the exact behavior you would want from a motion sensor, but not from a door sensor.

I was able to fix it through the following ways:

In the advanced → Variables page for the sensor in question:

[ul][li]Set AutoUntrip to 999999999[/li]
[li]Set IgnoreTripTime to 1[/li][/ul]

Through these changes we’re effectively able to “turn off” some of the motion sensor functionality which returns it to acting like one would want a door sensor to work.

This worked on two different Monoprice (which are Vision) door sensors that i set up yesterday. Hope it works for you too.

[quote=“andrewgarfield”][ul][li]Set AutoUntrip to 999999999[/li]
[li]Set IgnoreTripTime to 1[/li][/ul][/quote]

I did this on my Vision tilt sensor and it’s looking promising. I will watch it and report back in a few days.

Edit: It’s been pretty good. The few times I watched it, it behaved immediately. Every time I go check it it’s in the correct state. Disclaimer: I don’t have any important automation tied to it so I wouldn’t notice if it occasionally misreported.

Hi All
I find the IgnoreTripTime variable, but not the AutoUntrip.
FYI: I’ve re-included it and it still thinks it’s a motion sensor.
Thanks MJ

I had to add it as a new variable.
Service ID: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1
Variable name: AutoUntrip
Value: 999999999

I had to add it as a new variable.
Service ID: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1
Variable name: AutoUntrip
Value: 999999999[/quote]

I just tested this on 1 of my 2 tilt sensors. I got 1 reliable open/close and 3 false statuses. Back to the workaround. :frowning:

Well I would be if I could delete user variables. Spoiler alert on the one way actions for newbies please??

I’m having a similar problem with my ZD2102. It generates alerts every time the door is opened, despite being disarmed. I submitted a trouble ticket some weeks ago and have had some correspondence with tech support but so far they have not been able to fix this - or even identify the cause of the problem. The workaround mentioned earlier in this thread did not work for me.

I’ve noticed in the log that the device seems to think it’s armed when the door is open, regardless of its armed/disarmed state. I’m guessing that this might be contributing to the problem, but I had no response from tech support when I mentioned this and forwarded the relevant log entry.

I’m on the verge of replacing this module with something more reliable. Luckily I only have one…

hi racarter,

The workaround I listed really doesn’t have anything to do with notifications or whether the sensor is armed or disarmed. It has to do with correctly reading tripped/untripped from the sensors. Since Vera is treating it like a motion sensor it starts messing around with it’s tripped status regardless of the true status of the device. This is why this workaround did not work for you.

If you are having issues with the armed/disarmed function, I think that your issue is elsewhere.

[quote=“andrewgarfield, post:10, topic:187886”]Hi All,

I set a few of these (the Monoprice versions) up yesterday and was able to figure out a simpler fix for these door sensors.

My hunch is that even though these are door sensors, Vera is treating them like Motion sensors. At least the behavior I saw coming from these sensors really seemed to be the exact behavior you would want from a motion sensor, but not from a door sensor.

I was able to fix it through the following ways:

In the advanced → Variables page for the sensor in question:

[ul][li]Set AutoUntrip to 999999999[/li]
[li]Set IgnoreTripTime to 1[/li][/ul]

Through these changes we’re effectively able to “turn off” some of the motion sensor functionality which returns it to acting like one would want a door sensor to work.

This worked on two different Monoprice (which are Vision) door sensors that i set up yesterday. Hope it works for you too.[/quote]

Just read this and got mine to work Thanks so much for figuring this out