Hot Swap Backup

I have a Vera Plus. I order to reduce down time and try new software updates I would like to buy a second Vera Plus to use as a hot swap backup. My question is it possible to “clone” an existing Vera Plus?
|-<:)

Yes and no… The entire setup can be cloned except for the zwave part. You would have to add the second vera to your zwave network but only one controller can be primary. Since vera zwave control is somewhat lacking compared to other platforms it is a lot more work. You should technically be able to setup all of your network devices to associate with both controllers for this which need it (custom associations) but you would need a different controller to do so (z.wave.me ZWay for example). You can then copy the rest of your configuration over to the second vera except for the network,

[quote=“prophead, post:1, topic:199980”]I have a Vera Plus. I order to reduce down time and try new software updates I would like to buy a second Vera Plus to use as a hot swap backup. My question is it possible to “clone” an existing Vera Plus?
|-<:)[/quote]

Hello prophead,

If you wish to have the second VeraPlus as a backup in case anything goes wrong with your main controller, you can simply create a full backup of your current controller and restore it on the new one if needed. However, using both controllers at the same, after you restored the backup from the main is not possible as they would both be primary in this case. Only one controller can be primary on a mesh network.

Hot swapping and hot plugging are terms used to describe the functions of replacing computer system components without shutting down the system.