Home Buddy - Android UI

Still doesn’t work for me - it for any reason it fails to connect, it gives me force close.
Unfortunately it attempts connecting right away, so I have no opportunity to go and change settings.

BTW, if you google apps could make your site URL much shorter - rakstar.net and .org are still available :wink:

@325xi, try uninstalling then re-installing… the first time it starts up, it should take you directly to the setup screen – you should have seen this at least once. My guess is that you did get this far once but configured it to connect to your prod instance which, according to your signature, is running v1.0.616. If so, you probably have the same problem that reiserx did in this post:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=292.msg10061#msg10061

Unfortunately, Home Buddy only works with the Luup versions of the firmware (i’m running v1.0.979). You might be able to control your v1.0.958 test instance though. Sorry for the inconvenience, in my next update I’ll make that clearer in the description.

Just curious, what’s keeping you from upgrading to the latest firmware?

Hi All,

I just released v0.5, now with individual device control with support for on/off switches, dimmers, and thermostats. Feel free to post bugs/comments/suggestions here.

Thanks.

Recently picked up Verizon motorola Droid and had your app installed the first day. I have been waiting for devices to be controlled as well as scenes and I wasn’t dissappointed. I would have been more than happy to pay for such an app and its def a selling point for when I show off the Vera.

Nice work.

David

It doesn’t show cameras yet, does it?

I use the android app ip cam viewer for my Droid and you can view up to 2 cameras free, and 4.99 for unlimited. This program works perfect with my panasonic cameras and the images update once a second with awesome clarity.

@davedecali: thanks for the kind words :slight_smile: i thought about charging money for the app, but having a full time job, i can’t guarantee support for my users. i could use the financial support though to purchase more devices to test with. i’m looking into embedding ads into the app, also, of course donations would be appreciated – there’s a paypal donation button on my site if you’re interested:

@325xi: no camera support in this version yet but i just got one a week ago and will work on adding support for it soon. stay tuned!

This app is priceless.
I believe MCV should actively encourage mobile apps development, and give 'em as much publicity as possible, and arrange official support - mobile apps can be a major selling factor - if people know about them.

Two questions though.

• Is it possible to have room name next to device? May be in small font or whatever, but I have the same name for lights in nearly every room, on Vera UI is easy to discern between them, but here I have no idea which one is what.

• And, cameras of course - how things are going?

Hate to be late to singing the praises of the app, but it is great.
I added a suffix to my devices to make is easy to use Homebuddy.

LR - Living room
FD - Front door
GD - Garage door

etc…

If I had a wish list right now (I don’t have a camera yet) it would be…

1- I have Hidden Scenes in the Vera UI, I’d still like a way to hide them on the Droid.
2- I’d like the scenes Hierarchical. Some of my scenes are global, but many are by room (of course, this may be my funny way of using scenes).

Happy new year everyone!

@325xi: Camera support is at the top of my list and I hope to include it in the next release. It’s a bit of a challenge because it doesn’t seem to be standard UPNP (anyone, please correct me if i’m wrong) so I’ll need to create some special cases in the code to handle it. Regarding room names, I was thinking of adding separators for each room, but your approach might be easier to implement. I’ll see what I can do.

@LVince: Thanks for your suggestions, I’ll add your wish list to my list of things to do.

v0.6 released, now with Camera support!

Select the camera in the device tab to view. Tap the edges (including corners) of the image to pan, tap the center of the image to refresh.

Enjoy!

Strange… I see all my devices but cameras. I even uninstalled - reinstalled the app to make sure it’s updated…

Do your cameras show up in your Vera Dashboard?

Of course.
I suspect you’ll want my user_data…

You read my mind… please be sure to blank out any sensitive information. I’m available on Yahoo Messenger if you want to send it to me there.

v0.7 released. Added room separators to the scene and device lists.

Great! Would it be possible to make HSM100 to display its data: temp, brightness and motions status?
I guess it appears as “Combo Device” there, so it’s just a matter of reading 3 variables…

@325xi: sorry but unfortunately I don’t have a device to test with. :frowning:

Well, send me .apk, I’ll test it.
All you need is to retrieve those 3 variables and display 'em…

Dear forums members.

Since a 3 month or something like that I bought ( just for test purpuses ) a Smart Q5 device.
From my supplier in Hongkong.

Just did some test with the device and trow it somewhere on my desk , because it works not as it should be.

Yesterdag I found the device again and was just wondering of I can install android on it.
the same night I was able to put android version covia ( beta ) on the device.
With some struggeling of android market , finelly I can login and download Home buddy app.

Just installed it and went to settings, put my local ip number on place.

Everything run worth while , just turning light’s on and of are working very very fast.
So I will make some test tomorrow

( after complete reinstall , because I change some settings and can’t find them any more.)

After reinstall I will make some quick review / quick installation guide.
This would be a great oppertunity to controll vera as it should be.

Next order in hk I will ask my supplier to search arround for other MID versions ( maby within android installed in it)
and run some other test.

Keep you informed.
Best Regards,
Marco

Mood Ledlight