Hidden Pin Codes

I am using UI7 and it appears that something has changed in the pin code setup screen that prevents me from seeing the pin codes. The pin codes are represented by asterisks ***. If the deselected the “Show Pin Codes In Clear” option yet there is no change. I rebooted my browser - no change, I have rebooted my computer - no change, I have tried a different browser - still no change.

Any ideas how to fix this? I can still add and delete pin codes but can not see them on the setup screen.

Thanks for your input

This is some type of bug that’s survived a couple firmware updates. I managed one time the other week to click on show pin codes in the clear, go to some other device and then come back to pin codes and I could then see them.

It’s best to log a ticket as that workaround is not sustainable.

There is no way to query the pin codes from the physical lock … that would be a security issue.
Vera saves a copy of the pin codes as it sets them. So it displays it’s local copy.
If it does not display the pin codes correctly … it’s because Vera’s copy of the pin codes is corrupted or lost.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:3, topic:187420”]There is no way to query the pin codes from the physical lock … that would be a security issue.
Vera saves a copy of the pin codes as it sets them. So it displays it’s local copy.
If it does not display the pin codes correctly … it’s because Vera’s copy of the pin codes is corrupted or lost.[/quote]

Hi Richard, I think the reference is specific to clicking on “show pin codes in the clear” when you are on a desktop browser. In older versions of the UI7 firmware, I can’t remember how far back, they would show you your codes. Now when clicking on it, you still see asterisks in the browser.

By chance at one point I click on it, viewed another random device, then went back to it and I was able to view the pin codes.

This feature (see the pin codes you add through Vera) has never worked for me (VeraLite/UI5), which would be great if it actually did.