Help with scene to control Hayward Pool Light

Hi all,
I am having trouble developing a scene to resync my hayward pool light and then set a particular color. In order to advance to a different color with the light, you need to toggle it off and then on again. So far, I have a scene that turns the light on, off and then on again to advance to the next color. The light also supports a resync, where you can power it on, then off for 11-14 seconds and then on again to bring the light to color #1. What I’m trying to do is build a series of scenes with luup code to execute the reset and then toggle the light off and on a set number of times to reach a desided color. This is the code that I am trying to use that is based on a scene that I found on the forum. It is not doing the resync, and I am not really sure why. Can anyone help me figure this out? If I’ve gone about this the wrong way, maybe there’s a simpler way to do this.
Thanks,
Bill
>
> local device = 297
> local counter = 6
> local delay = 2
> local resync_delay = 12
>
> function light_on()
>
> luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”,“SetTarget”,{ newTargetValue=“1” },device)
>
> luup.call_delay( ‘light_off’, delay )
>
> end
>
> function light_off()
>
> counter = counter-1
>
> if counter > 0
> then
>
> luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”,“SetTarget”,{ newTargetValue=“0” },device)
>
> luup.call_delay( ‘light_on’, delay )
>
> end
>
> end
>
> function light_on_once()
> luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”,“SetTarget”,{ newTargetValue=“1” },device)
> end
>
> function light_off_once()
> luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1”,“SetTarget”,{ newTargetValue=“0” },device)
> end
>
>
> function light_resync()
> luup.call_delay( ‘light_on_once’, delay )
> luup.call_delay( ‘light_off_once’, delay )
> luup.call_delay( ‘light_on_once’, resync_delay )
> end
>
> light_resync()
> light_off()

Your three delays in resync() don’t run in sequence, they run contemporaneously. So light_on_once and light_off_once are both being called at the same time. luup.call_delay() schedules the callback for the delay you specified and then returns immediately, so there’s virtually no delay there between the calls.

Try:

function light_resync()
luup.call_delay( ‘light_on_once’, delay )
luup.call_delay( ‘light_off_once’, delay*2 )
luup.call_delay( ‘light_on_once’, delay*2 + resync_delay )
end

Thanks! That did the trick. Here’s the code that I worked out for setting the light color. I still have to do some testing and I’m sure it could be better written but hopefully it will help someone out.

-- Programs
    -- 1 Voodoo Lounge
    -- 2 Deep Blue Sea
    -- 3 Royal Blue
    -- 4 Afternoon Skies
    -- 5 Aqua Green
    -- 6 Emerald
    -- 7 Cloud White
    -- 8 Warm Red
    -- 9 Flamingo
    -- 10 Vivid Violet
    -- 11 Sangria
    -- 12 Twilight
    -- 13 Tranquility
    -- 14 Gemstone
    -- 15 USA
    -- 16 Mardi Gras
    -- 17 Cool Cabaret

local device = 297
    -- Set counter to program from list above
    local counter = 8
    local delay = 1.5
    local resync_delay = 12
    local new_delay = 0

function light_on()

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },device)

end

function light_off()

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },device)

end

--resync the lights
    luup.call_delay( 'light_on', new_delay )
    luup.call_delay( 'light_off', delay )
    new_delay = delay + 2 + resync_delay

while counter > 1 do
      counter = counter-1
      new_delay = new_delay + delay
      luup.call_delay( 'light_off', new_delay )
      new_delay = new_delay + delay

end