I’ve recently tried ui7 where I was testing the fibaro motion devices. At some point my Vera has stopped allowing me to add devices.
I’ve tried downgrading to ui5, reset to default, restore and re upgrading to ui7 but now the device just fails to add anything, either my plugs or sensors. Is this a known issue? Anyone seen/heard it before?
Please help. I can’t imagine how I’ve bricked it as the gateway loads etc.
Have you performed an exclude on the device fist? Try performing an exclude, then after it is successful, perform an include.
Yes I’ve excluded all the devices. I’ve also performed a full reset on he motion sensor itself.
Also the z wave light no longer stay on indefinitely, it flashes normally when I press the “+” but nothing happens when I press the “-”. After a while the Orange light eventfully goes off.
[quote=“Wallace4793, post:4, topic:184367”]Is the full flash an option?
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Firmware_Flash_VeraLite[/quote]Sure, it’s an option. But, I would regard it as an option of last resort. Besides, haven’t you already done just this when you downgraded to UI5?
[quote=“Wallace4793, post:3, topic:184367”]Yes I’ve excluded all the devices. I’ve also performed a full reset on he motion sensor itself.
Also the z wave light no longer stay on indefinitely, it flashes normally when I press the “+” but nothing happens when I press the “-”. After a while the Orange light eventfully goes off.[/quote]I’m starting to get confused. You state that you excluded all devices, but then describe the exclude process with the “-” button as not working. So, how did you exclude the devices?.. No matter.
Rather than trying to include exclude your devices via the buttons and battery mode, I would suggest leaving your Vera connected and trying a full power exclude/include with a device moved close to Vera.
Hi, thanks for the help. I’ve completed the flash and reset the motion sensors and they included again. I also used the battery powered exclude which released the Popp plug allowing it to be included again. I wonder if the actual problem was me deleting the devices and not excluding properly, anyway it’s working again do alls good.
[quote=“Wallace4793, post:6, topic:184367”]I wonder if the actual problem was me deleting the devices and not excluding properly…[/quote]Probably. A device must be excluded, or reset to default, before it can be included into the/a network again.
I had a similar issue with my Vera Lite unit and Fibaro modules, ie could not add or exclude. I contacted Vera support and did something remotely - they didn’t tell me what - that completely sorted it.