Help needed---LFM-20 on and off mode in a scene or with device trigger

I have slowly been building out my ZWave network using a Vera Lite. I just bought and tested the LFM-20 with my garage door. Worked great. Reading here confirmed for me that when it is on the manual door switch is overridden and you have to trigger the LFM-20 back to off for it to work. So still being a pseudo newbie I am trying to figure out scenes and triggers.

So my question is this: With the LFM-20 can it be set up that once it is triggered it will go on and then immediately go off or is there a way to program the device turn turn itself off after X seconds.

I also read that when used with a door/window sensor it can trigger an event like turning it off.

All advice is welcome to get this set up and working.

Thx,
Marc

@marcwinnj,

Welcome!

Have you had a look at the Garage Door plug-in?

Is there not a parameter to set that will turn the switch off after X seconds?

You could make a scene do that. But the Garage door plug in is the way to go.
It’s easy to install the plug in.
You end up with a much cleaner solution.

Yes once you have created the scene add a delay of 1 second…

Click the wrench icon (edit) on your scene that sets the relay on.
there is a delay drop down that currently says immediate.
click manage delays and add a delay of 1 second. then in the devices section turn your relay off.
If you click the ‘?’ around the delays it says
"
You can add commands to be run at certain delays after the scene starts. For example, when the scene starts it turns the living right light on, and after 1 minute it turns the living room light off and turns an accent light on instead. To do this you would add 1 minute delay, select the 1 minute delay in the scene builder, and then choose what happens after that 1 minute delay. You can add as many delays as you want."

But I agree with @oTi the garage door plug-in is nice.

Thanks for all the feedback. The delay function worked well and I have since installed the door sensor and will try the plug in shorlty.