Help...All Z-Wave devices stopped working at once

I am running 1.7.730 and I noticed I all my Z-Wave devices (door lock, 4 lights, and thermostat) stopped responding to Vera at what looks like the same time. I then walked over to each device and excluded it and then re-added each device. I verified that all devices were removed successfully and then re-added.

Now, when I attempt to turn any the devices on from Vera, I get the error “Device failed to configure” while the Kwikset lock now says “Z-Wave device 47 ERROR: Failed to setup secur…”

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Restore a backup from when you knew the devices responded correctly?

Unfortunately, since the devices were excluded and included, restoring form a backup will no longer work. (The node number on the actual devices have all changed.)

Sorry OP, I don’t have a solution for you. If I were in your situation, I would:

Start with one device, preferably a powered fixed device like a switch. Exclude it and then include it. If successful, that device should now work. Only then should you move on to the next device. DO all your powered devices first, then do the battery operated devices, after the others are working properly.

Be aware that after excluding/including a device, if you relocate the device or Vera, then the network will need to heal overnight to figure out the correct routing. So, if the device works, but then stops working after you move it or Vera, you should wait for the nightly heal.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:3, topic:190281”]Unfortunately, since the devices were excluded and included, restoring form a backup will no longer work. (The node number on the actual devices have all changed.)

Sorry OP, I don’t have a solution for you. If I were in your situation, I would:

Start with one device, preferably a powered fixed device like a switch. Exclude it and then include it. If successful, that device should now work. Only then should you move on to the next device. DO all your powered devices first, then do the battery operated devices, after the others are working properly.

Be aware that after excluding/including a device, if you relocate the device or Vera, then the network will need to heal overnight to figure out the correct routing. So, if the device works, but then stops working after you move it or Vera, you should wait for the nightly heal.[/quote]

I will give that a shot. BTW, any ideas how this could have occurred? Is this very rare?

I am still 1.5.622 on a Vera 3. Every week or so I notice the z-wave network seems to hang and no z-wave devices respond to commands. The first thing I do when this happens is to reboot the system. I do this remotely through a putty session and issue a reboot now command. This has always worked for me and restored communication with the devices… fortunately because I am some distance away.

I don’t know why this happens. it started after a year or more of flawless operation and I don’t think I had added any new devices. My network is not that large… a Trane Thermostat, a 4 in 1 Aeon sensor, a couple of other everspring temp sensors and a handful of switches.

Rich