has anyone had any success in changing the UI?

I was wondering if anyone has ever modified the UI on vera to change its appearance and wanted to share the experience?
There are a few annoyances that are minor but I would like to fix. I have seen others complain about some of them too but they haven’t been fixed. (maybe next version :wink:

[ul][li]Change banner[/li]
[li]Blinking time using safari / chrome[/li]
[li]Change icons for some devices (I have switches that are not lights but fans and I want them to show as fans)[/li]
[li]make the device displays smaller so more show up on a page without scrolling [/li][/ul]

I was going to try make some changes to the css file to accomplish these things but when I was poking around I wasn’t 100% on the location of the web files. I can’t find the “data_request” cgi, for example. Anyone know anything about how that works on the server?

You are about to step into a minefield. I would caution against any attempt to change Vera’s UI. It does things in strange ways…

Most people just use an alternative remote interface or write their own. You will find many options if you search the forum. I use AutHomationHD on Android tablets which works very well and also enables you to define shortcuts on the desktop for device actions and scenes.

I wasn't 100% on the location of the web files.
Things server up the the Web server are in /www/...
I can't find the "data_request" cgi, for example
This is actually proxied over to the LuaUPnP executuable which is were all of the Vera action takes place. You can't change anything there.
Change icons for some devices (I have switches that are not lights but fans and I want them to show as fans)
Can't do this ... Icons are selected based on Device Type ... Dimmers and fans share the same device type. If you change it for that device type ... you will change it for all devices that share that device type.