Hardware recommendations

Hi all,

I just purchased the VeraLite controller and wanted some recommendations. I purchased it mostly for lighting control, but I like the idea of temperature control and security control, etc…

I am somewhat technical, but would like to buy an integrated hardware solution (if possible) so I can use the iOS (iPhone/iPad) application for my core functions. That said, what would you recommend for hardware for the below list and are their any pros and cons you can share from your experience? I did not see a good category for this type of request, so I hope it is acceptable to post it here.

1. Thermostat hardware - mostly to set the temperature from iOS. It would be nice to be able to launch an “away” status from iOS which I believe Vera calls a scene.

2. Alarm controller - Same as above, it would be nice to be able to launch an “away” status from an iPhone to set the alarm. Zone alerts and a panic setting would be a plus. I currently have a Honeywell system.

3. 2 way and 3 way switches - I ordered Jasco 45609 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control On/Off Switch and GE 45614 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control 3-Way Switch Kit already, but can switch if better hardware exists.

4. Garage controller - I have seen several approaches in the forums. Is there a “best approach”?

5. Security cameras - Any recommendations?

6. Energy management - Is there a well integrated energy measurement tool that is easy to install/use?

Thanks!!!