Happy Holidays

I’m packing my things at work and I’m heading off for time with my family. I just wanted to stop in and wish all of my openLuup friends a Happy Holidays. Please be safe and try not to get into too much trouble this time of year. A special thanks to Akbooer and amg0 for everything and all the sacrifices you’ve made this year…

Happy Happy Holidays !

Many thanks and Happy Holidays to all our readers!

same to you all

Happy Holidays and a great New Year to all!

Hi Akbooer & Amg0,

I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all the great stuff you have produced over the past year.

I have been running openLuup and AltUi since 3 months now with no issues. 2015 has been a year with a steep learning curve for me but, with your help and many other forum members, I have learned things I would not even have dreamt of 12 months ago. My two Vera lite’s are now running stable because I have installed most of my scenes and plugins to Openluup.

For 2016, here is what’s on my todo list:

[ul][li]Install Openluup on a small Windows pc[/li]
[li]Integrate Datayours with Dashing graphs.[/li]
[li]install a tablet on the wall with imperihome and control everything from one place[/li]
[li]Have my wife and kids use the above setup and actually enjoy it -:)[/li][/ul]

My wishlist for 2016:

[ul][li]Inclusion of PLEG into OpenLuup[/li]
[li]An easier install procedure for Openluup. One click install?[/li]
[li]Hardware support for a USB Zwave stick[/li][/ul]

Wishing you all a great start of the New year!

This is very good to hear, and exactly what openLuup is all about. Indeed you a right to thank @amg0 for adding all sorts of tweaks to AltUI to make it work in openLuup… under the covers, openLuup is definitely not Vera, so some thing need treating differently.

For 2016, here is what's on my todo list:

[ul][li]Install Openluup on a small Windows pc[/li]
[li]Integrate Datayours with Dashing graphs.[/li]
[li]install a tablet on the wall with imperihome and control everything from one place[/li]
[li]Have my wife and kids use the above setup and actually enjoy it -:)[/li][/ul]

I’ll be delighted to help with the first two, but the second two are definitely yours to achieve! DataYours is currently undergoing a significant refresh which will make extensibility and inter-operability much better, I hope.

My wishlist for 2016:

[ul][li]Inclusion of PLEG into OpenLuup[/li]
[li]An easier install procedure for Openluup. One click install?[/li]
[li]Hardware support for a USB Zwave stick[/li][/ul]

I’m hoping and believing that Richard is actually looking at PLEG on openLuup right now. There’s some fundamental challenges because it is encrypted and licensed, but there must be a way to do it.

openLuup install - I can’t tell you how embarrassed I am that AltUI installs in one click but openLuup does not! I’ve run into some difficulty with accessing what I need from GitHub - which is absurd and I must be doing something very basic incorrectly. Whilst I can access all the repository information on version tags, etc., I can’t actually download the release. Working on it.

Hardware support - you know not what you ask. I am looking for the right stick and the right API. Most are too low level, but an HTTP/JSON interface of the same sort of level as the HTTP access to Vera devices is what I’m after. Any insight or advice welcome. For the moment, Vera is my Zwave stick, and I’m using MySensors/Arduino devices for adding new hardware.

^^^
When you say the right stick, are you asking for a UZB similar to this?

[url=http://www.blackcatcontrolsystems.com.au/Z%20Wave%20USB%20Stick]http://www.blackcatcontrolsystems.com.au/Z%20Wave%20USB%20Stick[/url]

edit: I forgot to mention there is also a Z-Wave Plus daughter board for RaspPi2 available that does away with the UZB.

Yes, that sort of thing. I’m aware of those. The basic zwave stack is horrendously low level (this seems to be where Vera makes a lot of its mistakes.). There is a higher level JSON interface library which is better, but doesn’t provide the simplicity of the MiOS HTTP calls.

This will require some work.

[quote author=akbooer link=topic=35431.msg262435#msg262435 date=1451551821]

DataYours is currently undergoing a significant refresh which will make extensibility and inter-operability much better, I hope.

My plan was to look at this dashboard solution more closely: [url=https://github.com/TimmermanTim/VeraDashboard]https://github.com/TimmermanTim/VeraDashboard[/url]. It was mentionned some time ago in the datamine/ datayours forum section.

Should I wait for the new version of datayours? Will it handle things differently?

No, that’s OK… All the external interfaces are compatible with the exception that the ‘render2’ and ‘dashboard2’ commands, introduced with version 2, have now been dropped. Same functionality, but just drop the ‘2’ when making these HTTP requests.

Most of the changes are internal in anticipation of future upgrades. About the only difference you’ll see is that DataYours does not now create child devices for each activated daemon.

I’m keen to see that dashboard working too.

Happy New Years everyone. I’m back and hoping everyone had plenty of rest and relaxation !
My resolution is to dust off this rPi2 and start testing again… Here’s what I have on my list of things to-do !

[1] Sonos plugin using multiple Sonos devices. One Sonos works fine, multiples cause all Sonos systems to cease operation.

This was based on my latest test on Sunday.
Need to load device(s) on clean start to reduce log data.

[2] Door Locks. This one is strange and I think I might know why but need logs to show what it’s doing.

Watched Variable is (UserID~=“0”). UserA after UserB triggers scene. UserB after UserA triggers scene. UserX after UserY won’t trigger scene.
Need to create a scene on clean start to reduce log data.

[3] Data persistence (I’m looking for a flexible method to store and recall variables); including across restarts.

Data Yours possibly ? I need to read up on this as I’ve never used this plugin but it appears to store to a database.
Use case. Device A stores current value, power outage/restore resets Device A to default. Recall Device A and restore to previous state.

[4] Instant status from Vera devices to openLuup. Right now I’m just executing the openLuup scene from Vera for certain things (e.g. door bell).

Currently a ‘want’ rather than a ‘need’ - well at the moment at least…
Can be accomplished (work around) by calling openLuup scene from Vera.

[5] Philips Hue, there numerous bridge updates and the relationship of bridge to Hue plugin (via MCV).

I need to load the latest plugin (via MCV), grab the latest bridge (2.0) and do some unit testing to see how openLuup reacts.
We will lose support for bulbs that aren’t Philips Hue, at least via this plugin.

[6] Honeywell Plugin refactored by Mikee (a big thanks for all his hard work and for taking over this plugin).

Installs clean (3 thermostats) with no adjustment whatsoever. However after 24 hours this does cause openLuup and AltUI to freeze (but the PID’s are still active).
Need to investigate why, possibly attempt to use the AltUI debug feature.
Both logs just freeze at the same message, no errors…
Need to create a scene on clean start to reduce log data.

[7] Luup.is_night()

This might already exist in a different form (syntax) but I’m not aware of how to use this within a scene on openLuup.

Once I’m passed all of this I’ll start on my alarm system using the DSC plugin. This will be quite a bit of work as my house hasn’t had a functional panel in years so I’m basically tearing out everything but the wires for the wired sensors. Should be pretty cool !

(7) is easy. luup.is_night() works as per Vera and can be directly called from scene Lua.

I should have known, you’ve done an outstanding job of carrying over the strengths and none of the weakness…

Looks like [6] is completed. I’ll have an install guide for the Honeywell plugin (support US/Euro Total Comfort Connect as well as Lyric) although it’s pretty straight forward. Mikee did a fantastic job of re-writing all the code and has identified all the issues along the way. I’ve had it running for almost 4 days now without any issues (logging memory to Thingspeak). I’m also going to take a look at the latest WWN (Works with Nest) plugin. I’m pretty sure the code will need to be adjusted as it’s looking specifically for it’s own hardware [cat /proc/cpuinfo]. Seems a simple fix so hopefully I’ll get two packages out this week.

@Akbooer, I’ll create a new thread for the thermostat plugins…

That’s great news - I didn’t previously like the sound of everything freezing.

[tt]/proc/cpuinfo[/tt] is widely used. Here it is on my OpenWRT system, on an Arduino Yun board:

root@Yun:/etc/cmh-ludl# cat /proc/cpuinfo 
system type		: Atheros AR9330 rev 1
machine			: Arduino Yun
processor		: 0
cpu model		: MIPS 24Kc V7.4
BogoMIPS		: 265.42
wait instruction	: yes
microsecond timers	: yes
tlb_entries		: 16
extra interrupt vector	: yes
hardware watchpoint	: yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0000, 0x0080, 0x0700, 0x0000]
ASEs implemented	: mips16
shadow register sets	: 1
kscratch registers	: 0
core			: 0
VCED exceptions		: not available
VCEI exceptions		: not available

…but, indeed, this may not be what WWN wants to see.

PS: Time, perhaps to change the title of this thread? CudaNet’s wishlist, perhaps ??

PPS: This is exactly the sort of thing which developers should NOT put into their code!

Nor did I, I’ve never seen anything quite like it before… Everything just stopped and without killing the processes.

That's great news - I didn't previously like the sound of everything freezing.

Yes, it’s actually looking for machine where machine is {“Sercomm NA900”, “Sercomm NA910”, “MiCasaVerde VeraLite”}… I’ve only seen MCV do this…
Their latest Hue plugin does the same thing…

[tt]/proc/cpuinfo[/tt] is widely used. Here it is on my OpenWRT system, on an Arduino Yun board: PPS: This is exactly the sort of thing which developers should NOT put into their code

My bad, seems like It’s become that but hey - jcsv75 has a list too…

PS: Time, perhaps to change the title of this thread? CudaNet's wishlist, perhaps ??

[quote=“CudaNet, post:11, topic:190272”]…

Once I’m passed all of this I’ll start on my alarm system using the DSC plugin. This will be quite a bit of work as my house hasn’t had a functional panel in years so I’m basically tearing out everything but the wires for the wired sensors. Should be pretty cool ![/quote]

Is there potential for the DSC plugin to run under openluup?

Is it encrypted ?

[quote=“Reliance, post:17, topic:190272”][quote=“CudaNet, post:11, topic:190272”]…

Once I’m passed all of this I’ll start on my alarm system using the DSC plugin. This will be quite a bit of work as my house hasn’t had a functional panel in years so I’m basically tearing out everything but the wires for the wired sensors. Should be pretty cool ![/quote]

Is there potential for the DSC plugin to run under openluup?[/quote]

[quote=“CudaNet, post:18, topic:190272”]Is it encrypted ?

[quote=“Reliance, post:17, topic:190272”][quote=“CudaNet, post:11, topic:190272”]…

I think it is

Is there potential for the DSC plugin to run under openluup?[/quote][/quote]

Perhaps reach out to the developer and see if theirs interest running on openLuup.

[quote=“Reliance, post:19, topic:190272”][quote=“CudaNet, post:18, topic:190272”]Is it encrypted ?

I think it is

Is there potential for the DSC plugin to run under openluup?[/quote][/quote][/quote]