HA07 to Dim lights

This is probably a stupid question, but I can’t figure it out.

I have the HA07 connected as a secondary controller to my Vera2, and have created a scene to turn on a bedside lamp. The HA07 turns it on and off just fine now. What I would like to do, however, is be able to dim the light by pressing the “1 off” button – the longer I press, the more it would dim. I’d like the reverse to be true for the “1 on” button – the longer I press it the more it will brighten.

Can this be done?

Yes. Have you re-included the HA07 after creating the scene? If you do that, Vera transfers the scene to the controller. You can then run and dim the scene.

oTi, you give alot of great info here but are you sure about this one? Did you read that he doesn’t just want to run a scene but wants continuously variable control from the remote? If this is possible I hadn’t heard of it before

So, what you can do is create a scene (I used only a single Leviton dimmer to go to say 75%). Connect it to a button (‘A scene is activated’ + button number) and then re-add the HA07 so the scene transfers over. If you then hit the On button the light goes to 75%. If you then hold down On or Off, the scene will brighten or dim respectively.

I thought that matched the request pretty closely.

What you don’t get is being able to brighten the scene when the scene if deactive. In other words, you need to activate the scene first (i.e. hit On), then dim up/down (hold On/Off).

Vera is just a programmer in this case.

Thanks for all your feedback! I think it may actually be working the way I wanted already – I just didn’t experiment enough.

The scene associated with the button simply brings the light to 100%. Then, I believe that I can dim by simply pressing the “Off” button and holding it. It’s actually a bit less responsive than my old X10 wired controller (I swapped all my old X10 stuff out for z-wave), but it still seems to do the trick.

Also, if I am unhappy with how much it dimmed (say, it dimmed to much), it seems that I have to wait a few moments before hitting the “On” key to brighten it. It just ignores the command if I hit it too soon after dimming. Oh well!

-D

[quote=“oTi@, post:4, topic:168192”]So, what you can do is create a scene (I used only a single Leviton dimmer to go to say 75%). Connect it to a button (‘A scene is activated’ + button number) and then re-add the HA07 so the scene transfers over. If you then hit the On button the light goes to 75%. If you then hold down On or Off, the scene will brighten or dim respectively.
I thought that matched the request pretty closely.
What you don’t get is being able to brighten the scene when the scene if deactive. In other words, you need to activate the scene first (i.e. hit On), then dim up/down (hold On/Off).
Vera is just a programmer in this case.[/quote]
Cool. Thanks for that clarification! I learn new stuff all the time here.