H.264 exploit

Thought I would share this link with details on H.264 exploit on Chinese type cameras
http://foscam.us/forum/h-264-camera-password-exploit-testing-tool-t3252.html

Thanks for the heads up. Good to see Foscam take action.

• Garrett

Hi –

Does anyone have a FOSCAM FI9820 interfaced with Vera?

Don

[quote=“Don Diego, post:3, topic:172945”]Hi –

Don[/quote]

Depends on what you mean on interfaced. I can view my 9820 through Vera but don’t have PTZ controls or motion sensor for the reason pointed out above by oTi@

The URL to view images is “tmpfs/snap.jpg” instead of “snapshot.cgi” on other Foscam models.

[quote=“Trotsky40, post:5, topic:172945”][quote=“Don Diego, post:3, topic:172945”]Hi –

Don[/quote]

Depends on what you mean on interfaced. I can view my 9820 through Vera but don’t have PTZ controls or motion sensor for the reason pointed out above by oTi@

The URL to view images is “tmpfs/snap.jpg” instead of “snapshot.cgi” on other Foscam models.[/quote]

Trotsky–

Thanks… It would be nice if you had PTZ control and the motion sensor…

Don

[quote=“Don Diego, post:6, topic:172945”][quote=“Trotsky40, post:5, topic:172945”][quote=“Don Diego, post:3, topic:172945”]Hi –

Don[/quote]

Hi

Anything new on h.264, Foscm fi9820 / Vera integration?

Don

The URL to view images is “tmpfs/snap.jpg” instead of “snapshot.cgi” on other Foscam models.[/quote]

Trotsky–

Don[/quote]

[quote=“Don Diego, post:7, topic:172945”][quote=“Don Diego, post:6, topic:172945”][quote=“Trotsky40, post:5, topic:172945”][quote=“Don Diego, post:3, topic:172945”]Hi –

Don[/quote]

Hi

Anything new on h.264, Foscm fi9820 / Vera integration?

Don

The URL to view images is “tmpfs/snap.jpg” instead of “snapshot.cgi” as was suggested on other Foscam models.[/quote]

Trotsky–

Don[/quote][/quote]

I just purchased a Foscam FI9821. Having significant problems interfacing it with Vera. Set the URL to view images is “tmpfs/snap.jpg” instead of “snapshot.cgi” Any ideas?

Don.

[quote=“Don Diego, post:8, topic:172945”]I just purchased a Foscam FI9821. Having significant problems interfacing it with Vera. Set the URL to view images is “tmpfs/snap.jpg” instead of “snapshot.cgi” Any ideas?

Don.[/quote]

Looking at the SDK, the 9821 is much different than the 9820. I don’t have one to test on but this might give you what you need:

/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture

[quote=“Trotsky40, post:9, topic:172945”][quote=“Don Diego, post:8, topic:172945”]I just purchased a Foscam FI9821. Having significant problems interfacing it with Vera. Set the URL to view images is “tmpfs/snap.jpg” instead of “snapshot.cgi” Any ideas?

Don.[/quote]

Looking at the SDK, the 9821 is much different than the 9820. I don’t have one to test on but this might give you what you need:

/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture[/quote]

Although I haven’t gotten the 9821 to work yet with vera I think you’re on the right track. It is complaining about an invalid URL. Trotsky thanks.

Don

I am also on the quest to find the elusive URL setting that will allow a FI9821W camera to interface with Vera. Last night I tried almost every combination of the string /cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture to see if my Vera 3 would recognize it. No luck.

I have scoured the SDK and CGI manual for both the FI9820W and the FI9821W manual without finding an answer. I have also spent a great deal of time on the foscam.us forum looking for an answer as well.

I am beginning to wonder if the Video URL needs to play a role in the solution. Trotsky40, were you able to interface an FI9820W with Vera? If you did, what were your video and snapshot URL?

The FI9821 CGI User Guide also refers to /snapPic/***.jpg. I tried using various combinations of /snapPic as part of a URL string without success.

My experience seems to be that if I get an invalid URL I am farther from success than when I see “Camera Not Responding”. But it just a feeling, that I have not verified.

The FI9821W seems like it may have potential when used with Vera. One of its best features for me is the fact that its multicamera mode can handle both MJPEG and H.264 cameras. I know of no other desktop camera interface that can do that.

As far as interfacing it with Vera, we may have to be patient until MiCasaVerde is able to help us. But patience is not a strong point of most Vera owners, myself included. So I guess I will keep trying to see if I can find a workaround. Sleep is very overrated.

New firmware is available for the FosCam FI8910W. It fixes several bugs. Also, it comes with a new user interface which I found much better than the original user interface. The software can be found at the Foscam download center: www.foscam.com/help.aspx. If you do decide to upgrade your firmware, be sure to use the correct version or you might turn your camera into a doorstop.

Hi –

I have checked to see what is the current version of the firmware for the FI9821. The current firmware version is V_1.1.1.9 which I am using. I see Blue Iris has successfully modified their driver software to support the FI9821.

Don

There is a hidden gem on the Foscam download site under Software Tools (www.foscam.com/help.aspx). It is the IP Camera Tool. If you use this tool, installing Foscam cameras is greatly simplified. It can be used to install both Foscam MJPEG and H.264 cameras.

No, I haven’t had any success with my 9820 beyond getting an image to appear with the “tmpfs/snap.jpg” URL. I can get the RTSP video url to play in VLC and QuickTime but I can’t get it to work in the Vera.

h.264 cameras in general have been very frustrating to me. Each one seems to be completely different from each other. I have an NVR and four h.264 720p outdoor cameras from Q-See (a re-branded version of Dahua) that I am having the same issues with. They work great with the provided software but are impossible to integrate with anything else.

I really like the new 9810 firmware as well and the MJPEG cameras are super easy to integrate with Vera and other software.

Silvereagle

Beware of the IP Camera tool! When installed from the CD the IP Camera tool came with a virus.

Don

[quote=“Trotsky40, post:15, topic:172945”]No, I haven’t had any success with my 9820 beyond getting an image to appear with the “tmpfs/snap.jpg” URL. I can get the RTSP video url to play in VLC and QuickTime but I can’t get it to work in the Vera.

h.264 cameras in general have been very frustrating to me. Each one seems to be completely different from each other. I have an NVR and four h.264 720p outdoor cameras from Q-See (a re-branded version of Dahua) that I am having the same issues with. They work great with the provided software but are impossible to integrate with anything else.[/quote]

Trotsky40,

I just wanted to let you know that I have a few Dahua cameras and was able to get them to work using an undocumented URL. Not sure it will work on your Q-See cameras but hopefully because they are re-branded model it might. I do think it’s a newer firmware feature for the Dahuas.

Use this URL: /onvif/media_service/snapshot

I figured out how to use the FI9821 with Veralite…

First you must upgrade the camera firmware (http://foscam.us/blog/foscamipcameras/fi9821w-firmware-upgrade-v1-1-1-10/)

Once this is done and the camera has been re-configured, in your vera system ‘Manually Add’ an IP Camera using the following path:
http://IPAddress:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=xxx (replace xxx’s and port with your specifics)
***including the “http://” part and the “&usr=admin&pwd=xxx” part (this is key)

Do not choose Foscam as your camera type - choose generic IP Camera

DO NOT specify a User ID or Password!

Once the camera has been added, edit the camera configuration
(replace xxx’s and port with your specifics)

Under settings:

• Ensure the URL looks like this → http://IPaddress:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=xxx
  • The ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ should be left blank
  • The ‘IP Address’ should be populated with 192.168.xx.xx:port

Under advanced:

• Make sure the Device type is “urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:1”
  • Make sure the IP address and port are correct (192.168.xx.xx:port)
  • URL should be: http://IPaddress:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=xxx
  • DirectStreamingURL should be: /img/video.mjpeg

This worked for me!

nice one

Finally got it to work using Xippper’s instructions… however when I go to view the feed through the website, it only shows it for a few seconds then it goes away to nothing, as if the stream isn’t working anymore. And it always says it cannot stream when using HomeBuddy.