Grasshopper 2.0 Released (Windows Phone)

Love this app. Just wondering long term to set my expectations…any chance you will support the following plugins:

• Philips Hue Plugin - Color Presets 1-6 (bulbs on/off dimmer work)
  • Russound Audio Control - Zone On/Off and Volume Control)
  • IR - While it shows green IR metro icon indicating, nothing ever happens when I push the button. Can it toggle on or off or something if it is a TV or show the remote control?

Hi,

I have just downloaded this on trial.
All great so far apart from a couple of things.

The scenes also show my notifications. For example I have a scene that turns on a set of lights simultaneously.
This, as expected, appears as a scene.

I also have a motion sensor, which I setup to notify me my email when tripped. It also notifies me when the batteries reach a certain level. These 2 notifications appear as scenes.

Is this intentional?

The other thing is, it would be great of the squeezebox devices could also have an on/off command.

Apart from that it’s been great so far.

Thanks

[quote=“AgileHumor, post:21, topic:170999”]Love this app. Just wondering long term to set my expectations…any chance you will support the following plugins:

• Philips Hue Plugin - Color Presets 1-6 (bulbs on/off dimmer work)
  • Russound Audio Control - Zone On/Off and Volume Control)
  • IR - While it shows green IR metro icon indicating, nothing ever happens when I push the button. Can it toggle on or off or something if it is a TV or show the remote control?[/quote]

Thank you again for adding this. Your the most responsive developer ever and my Home Automation project never looked so pretty with Grasshopper on my tablet and touch screen monitors.

Russound, Nest, Somfy Shade, and Philips Hue all work perfectly. 5 star, a++++

For the future, may I suggest some additional enhancements:

• Russound - Needs On/Off for using the LuuP SwitchPower=0 or 1 for each zone. Currently, you can’t turn a zone off, just mute it.
  • WUnderground (weather): Wrap “wc:” line as I never see the number, just “from the nw at:” and cuts off
  • Sync Favorites with Vera favorites or via SkyDrive for the a common favorite list that gets shared between the Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 devices. Right now I need to maintain 8 lists with the GF’s 2 devices

Super Low Priority:

• OpenSprinkler - Can’t control the Off, Manual, Automatic of OpenSprinkler for this custom plugin. The sprinkler zones do show up correctly as a light switch, however you must switch from Automatic to Manual to turn the sprinkler off on the OpenSprinkler device. Super low priority, as I can control it via a scene for now.
  • System Monitor (Memory/CPU/Restart Times) doesn’t show any information

Still learning - Don’t know how to control the IR A/V equipment, it shows up as a Green Box with an IR Icon, but pushing it does nothing. For example, when I want to fire the IR command for the Roomba carpet vaccums or control TV menu/controls

Hi AgileHumor,

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into your recommendations and see what is possible.

Spencer :slight_smile:

There is a new plugin looking for Remote App too:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14453.0

Please make the voice control easier! It’s so convoluted. :frowning:
I just want to say “Cortana turn on the living room lights”

Convoluted is pretty harsh. :slight_smile: Keep in mind voice commands need to work for multiple vera units and has to be able to deal with names being the same for multiple devices that could be in different rooms. I have several units in my house and i have a few devices in different rooms called “Lamp”. Hence the voice commands have to support the idea of identifying multiple things accurately. For instance in your example: “Cortana turn on the living room lights”, what exactly am i turning on? Any light? Which units lights? Lights with the name “living room”? Lights in a room called “living room”? This kind of complexity is not possible with the current api or probably cortana at this time. To be able to figure what you mean it would need to make a lot of assumptions that possibly the user would specify. Which is a possible way of approaching the complexity of it. Since my app supports controlling multiple vera units i have to have to collect more data to know exactly what to do. For example i need things lke unit name, device name, scene name, room name, service name, state, etc.

I’ve considered adding functionality to the voice commands for excluding the unit name info, which would make it pick the first one. This would shorten your commands a bit. So you could say something like “run scene turn on the lights” and if you only had one unit it would always work properly. Would that be helpful? Also you can always create scenes to do more complex things and it would simplify your voice commands overall. As much as i’d love to support natural language queries that ability is a ways off still.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hey - great app and I appreciate you supporting the Windows Phone platform. I was afraid I’d have to go hack together an app myself :wink:

A few questions and/or suggestions:

Is there a way to limit the view to ‘pinned’ (Dashboard) devices? Right now I have a bunch of junk that shows up which I don’t want to, if I could just see what’s on the dashboard in Vera it would be perfect.

Sort of related - there’s some fix MCV released to hide additional devices for some thermostats which show up 3 times. It’s the 2Gig and it used to show 3X thermometers per device, now it shows one (on the web). But your app still shows all those (junk) devices. Any idea how to remove them? The above DashBoard view would help with this, actually.

Nice work!

On any item if you hold the icon you will get context menu. You should see a Hide option. In settings you under Current you can then unhide them if needed. I’m hoping in 8.1 they release a control similar to the start screen so i could more easily build a dashboard.

I’m sort of confused. The thread says 2.0 is released but I still see 1.9.10 as the latest version. I also recently updated to UI6 and now Grasshopper won’t connect remotely (it appears that password authentication no longer works with mios.com)

The website/blog for Grasshopper doesn’t really have any info past 1.8.0.2 and the last post just said that UI6 support was in beta and it should be out soon.

Did I just hose myself (hopefully temporarily) by upgrading to UI6 as far as remote access from my Windows Phone goes?

Sorry for the confusion. That thread is 2.0 of the old Windows Phone 7 app, which i don’t support anymore. Too keep the versions from overlapping in the future, i’m keeping the 8.0 OS apps at 1.x, the 8.1 versions will be 2.x, etc. If you want UI6 support you will want the 1.9.x versions. Just keep in mind UI6 introduced a completely new authentication system called MMS. MIOS is the legacy auth system. In the latest version you can select MIOS or MMS at the authentication type. Let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Thank you for the prompt reply. That is rather confusing :slight_smile:

I am running WP8.1 and interestingly enough in the store I see 1.9.10 and when I did a search on windowsphone.com I found 2.1 but then after I logged in to my MS account the page showed 1.9.10 as the latest version.

There may be some config issue in the WP store (either by MS or you) that is causing it to not show up properly.

I was able to get delete my old unit and then add it again using the mms auth and it looks like it is working again. Thanks!

Now if they can fix the bugs in UI6 I will be happy with the update lol (not your issue)

Glad it is working now. You should consider UI6 very much beta still. I was hesitant to even implement it now but i got so many requests from my users i decided to do it. :slight_smile:

Yea… I wish I had known that before I updated :slight_smile: I did a check and it said there was a new firmware… it didn’t say “a new beta/buggy/incompatible firmware”

I’m locking this thread since its for the old windows phone 7 version that i have no plans to support anymore.