Get a Radio Thermostat CT-101 for $75 - must act NOW.

Found another great z-wave device buy. Lowe’s sells the Radio Thermostat CT-101 under this part number for $99

http://www.lowes.com/pd_388565-69305-CT-101-L_4294934542__

If you live in a state with energy rebates, like NY, you can get $25 per thermostat if you buy before December 31st. Here is the rebate form for NY metro area residents. Check your local utility for similar forms/rebates.

Even without the rebate, this a unique thermostat in that it will:

A) Operate like a regular 7-day programmable device, even without a z-wave controller.
B) Will operate as a z-wave repeater if you have a C-wire coming from your HVAC system to power the thermostat.
C) Operate as a Z-wave battery device even if you just have two-wires coming from your HVAC system.

On my first floor we just ran new wires so I have the C-wire. On my second floor, I only have two-wires. Being able to have matching thermostats for both locations was a major score for me.

Hope this helps some of you out there.

-TC

Also to help you out. Click the link below for which coupon code you want.

Order online, use that code, select pick up from local store or delivered your choice.

10% off your order: http://jsbin.com/egujid/1

$10 off $50: http://jsbin.com/ARiCAzU/1

I been buying all my Z-wave switches from Lowes for cheap then I can find them online. Get 2 switches or one and what ever else you were going for. Use the 10.00 off 50.00 and that’s 20% off. I have 3-5 different orders waiting for me to pick up when I go sometimes.

I don’t think the reviews of this thermostat or the ct100 (same thing which is online for 80.00) have been so good tho. I think the phantom thing might have finally got fixed. But for years it wouldn’t work right and still might not. Do your homework before buying. This def. isn’t the thermostat on the top of list around here tho.

Good find on the coupons :slight_smile:

I’ll be installing these today. I did some extensive research first and my hunch is that they have been improved, this is no longer simply the old CT-100 (no local control over schedules). I can’t find an equivalent model from other manufacturers so these look like they are being made exclusively for Lowe’s. While Lowe’s is far from perfect, they know they are selling to a mass market and I’m sure they asked for improvements when releasing this model. A good example are the GE/Jasco light switches - they are not ‘fancy’ but they work solidly and support the important features (like secure beaming) in order to ensure the entire Iris system works correctly. I’ve been installing these everywhere I need a plain binary switch or 3-way (since I have ‘real’ 3-way wiring just installed in my walls). I won’t touch their dimmers though since they don’t utilize a neutral wire.

I think the important thing to remember with these thermostats are to make sure your Vera firmware and device XML files are up to date before adding these devices.

-TC

Had to wire the common wire into my heating zone controller (apparently the electricians ran the wire but I guess left it for the plumber to eventually hook up) and it powered the thermostat with no problems. Added it to Vera.

Shows up as one device (not like the ‘multiple device’ issue folks use to have) and as a 2Gig Ct-100 in Vera. This is where I start to get confused…

So it seems that as soon as you add to Vera, it no longer obeys its internal program schedule. It also seems the device Vera sets up for it (the CT-100) does not have full access to all the features this unit has. For example, it can actually measure RH on the unit, but I don’t see this in the Vera web interface. No access to the Temperature Swing settings and others.

Since the features are in the unit, what is the best way of getting at them? Submit a ticket to Vera asking for the device (the CT101) to be added to list of support devices? Modify the settings in the CT100 device that shows in the web interface? Make my own plugin?

Thoughts, advice, suggestions welcomed…

-TC

I ordered one of these from Amazon for $82.75 w/prime, branded as 2gig CT-100 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CQ4V3Q/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I liked the features of some of the others, but I have a two wire system and until this changes needed one that ran off battery. Reading reviews the major drawback was lack of programing w/out a z-wave controller. Got a vera-lite for Christmas so hoping that solves for it :slight_smile:

-Steve

That’s why I went with the CT-101 from Lowe’s, it’s a “smart” CT-100. If I ever move and take the z-wave controller with me, the thermostat can then use it’s own internal scheduler. Win-win.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:2, topic:178501”]Also to help you out. Click the link below for which coupon code you want.

Order online, use that code, select pick up from local store or delivered your choice.

10% off your order: http://jsbin.com/egujid/1

$10 off $50: http://jsbin.com/ARiCAzU/1

I been buying all my Z-wave switches from Lowes for cheap then I can find them online. Get 2 switches or one and what ever else you were going for. Use the 10.00 off 50.00 and that’s 20% off. I have 3-5 different orders waiting for me to pick up when I go sometimes.

I don’t think the reviews of this thermostat or the ct100 (same thing which is online for 80.00) have been so good tho. I think the phantom thing might have finally got fixed. But for years it wouldn’t work right and still might not. Do your homework before buying. This def. isn’t the thermostat on the top of list around here tho.[/quote]

Have you tried to use the links you provided lately? I just tried both of them and then entered them in the “Promotional Code” box and it told me invalid on each one of those. Am I doing something wrong?

Umm, it states in the first post that it was good until the end of the year December 31st.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:8, topic:178501”]Umm, it states in the first post that it was good until the end of the year December 31st.

• Garrett[/quote]

I appreciate you responding but I was asking the person in the second post (Integlikewhoa). He seemed to be giving links to coupon codes that the first post wasn’t mentioning. In the 3rd post the OP (TC1) thanked Integlikewhoa for the coupons and so it looked like these coupons were on top of the original deal.

They codes have changed and were not created by me. The new code for 10% off can be found on google. The New 10.00 off 50.00 code has been a little more tricky for now. The code was published but it took some know how, to run the java script embedded in your own HTML to produce your own codes.

These discounts were just a general discount off any purchase made online at lowes.

If you can’t seem to find the links I’ll try and remember to repost when I’m home. Hopefully the 10 off 50 will have a user friendly version soon.