Geofencing issues

I’m trying to set up geofences. However, there isn’t anything in vera mobile or through the pc login named geofences. The different modes show (home, away, etc), but there isn’t anything I can click on to set up a geofences. I have an ezlo secure and it shows online.

Is it currently disabled or is something just not set up right?

Currently it is not published feature. But its in our list and we will be releasing it soon. Stay tuned.

Any update on when geofencing will be a published feature for Ezlo secure?

Hi @Kevin_Simnick , we are about to finish it. It should be released in September.

Will it work better than Vera (on Android)? Some times the enter/leave is missed and typically they change hours after entry or leaving a region/zone.

Geofencing is the one real feature that is keeping me from dipping my toes into Ezlo. There are probably some other minor features that I’ll have to work around, but until a reliable geofencing feature is enabled on Ezlo, it’s a show stopper.

coming very soon…working on it…

Any updates on geofencing?

Hi @Kevin_Simnick ,

We are still working on it. You will hear about it soon. Stay tuned!

Hello, any update about the geofencing feature?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi!

We are aware that users love geofencing and we have heard your requests. The geofencing implementation for Ezlo is in its latest stages of development and should be included in future firmware updates very soon! Thanks for your patience during this time.

Just curious what the latest information is on geofencing?

Thank you

Hello Kevin_Simnick,

As of the latest updates, the development team is in the final stages of implementing this feature. However, a specific release date has not been provided. It’s important to note that the team is aware of the importance of this feature to the user community and is actively working on it. Once it’s ready, it should be included in a future firmware update. Please stay tuned for further updates on the community forum.

I suspect this is more difficult than many realize. The nominal case is straight forward enough but dealing with all the rogue error legs, building in the right hysteresis (in cellular systems you have RSSI, BER, PER, … but here such metrics aren’t exposed and you have to make decisions higher up the stack) for capture and abandon states, sleep and awake states, ensuring traffic doesn’t get too chatty to accomplish this, and keeping battery life manageable in client devices all complicate the issue.

The first release might fall a little short as it gets fine tuned over multiple releases. I wouldn’t expect perfection in R1.0… I’d suggest getting a release to some friendly users in advance to trial the feature before rolling it out.