Geofence with clients

Hello I am new to the android world. My question is
Is this possible two users with the same app somehow to link, so the triggering of geofences of the two apps on the android console are to be seen.
Thank you in advance.

[quote=“lansana, post:1, topic:196305”]Hello I am new to the android world. My question is
Is this possible two users with the same app somehow to link, so the triggering of geofences of the two apps on the android console are to be seen.
Thank you in advance.[/quote]

Yes. Here is how to set up for multiple clients.

I logged in on my phone, created a GeoFence, went to my Vera and added my wife as a Basic user, logged in with her credentials on her phone but did not see the GeoFence I previously created with my phone when I activated GeoFencing on her phone. Any Ideas?

You won’t see the geofence you created on your phone when you look at your wife’s phone. At least that is my experience. I believe due to the nature of how a geofence works, it is tied to the device that it was created on and stored ONLY on that device.

What I did was set up the same size geofence on each phone.

The Youtube video referenced above showed the previously created GeoFence showing on the other clients. So, that is what I was looking for. Perhaps there has been a change in how this operates.

Yes. I see that in the video but that is not how it worked for my mobile devices.

The ONLY device that sees all the geofences for me is my desktop that has the windows app/desktop version. I have my computer geofence disabled so my computer does not keep the geofence active while devices enter and leave the geofence.

My wifes phone has never shown this geofence created on my phone, forcing me to create another geofence on her phone. Its the same size and called the same name. As such my windows app shows only one geofence.

Perhaps I am doing things wrong but for me, this has been a solid and reliable set up.

Thanks for your response, ultimately I’d like to have to garage door open when either my wife or I enter the zone.

It will work, or should. When I “list” my geofences it only shows the ONE geofence. Probably because I use the same name and distance? It might be a subtle bug.

I would just add the geofence to each device, manually entering it and calling it “home” or whatever…see if that works.

Based on my experience, the GeoFence is tied to the user but only visible in the mobile app.

I have two phones, and I’m using a unique account on each one. One of the phones was replaced with a new phone (different operating system as well). I installed the app and logged in with the credentials used on the removed phone. The geofence and associated scenes were present even though I did nothing to set them up again.

Using the same account on multiple devices is a no-no and will mess up the operation of fenced scenes (I learned this the hard way). So, getting a fence-tied scene onto a second device will require that the geofence be set up on that second device and then scenes tied to it.