GE 12722 switch appears to support instant status

Hi all,

I was under the impression that only leviton switches supported instant status. However, after installing my GE12722 switches it appears that they also support instant status. I am able to program in PLEG conditions where the switch is turned on 3 times < 1 minute and it captures it every time. I actually press it on/off 3 times in a couple seconds and it registers, assuming it’s not polling every second it would appear that they now support instant status.

[quote=“crimsondr, post:1, topic:186290”]Hi all,

I was under the impression that only leviton switches supported instant status. However, after installing my GE12722 switches it appears that they also support instant status. I am able to program in PLEG conditions where the switch is turned on 3 times < 1 minute and it captures it every time. I actually press it on/off 3 times in a couple seconds and it registers, assuming it’s not polling every second it would appear that they now support instant status.[/quote]

That is not instant status. And notice how you have to turn if off and on. Better switches you can just press on 2 or 3 times and it will work.

I also have GE switches and I have one setup like you have to turn on a table lamp that doesn’t have a switch.

The GE switches on Vera can appear to have instant status … But this only works if the GE switch is NOT routed through another device to get to Vera … and Vera is not busy sending out a Z-wave command at the time of the switch closure.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:2, topic:186290”][quote=“crimsondr, post:1, topic:186290”]Hi all,

I was under the impression that only leviton switches supported instant status. However, after installing my GE12722 switches it appears that they also support instant status. I am able to program in PLEG conditions where the switch is turned on 3 times < 1 minute and it captures it every time. I actually press it on/off 3 times in a couple seconds and it registers, assuming it’s not polling every second it would appear that they now support instant status.[/quote]

That is not instant status. And notice how you have to turn if off and on. Better switches you can just press on 2 or 3 times and it will work.

I also have GE switches and I have one setup like you have to turn on a table lamp that doesn’t have a switch.[/quote]

I never actually tried pressing on 2 or 3 times. But I assume by your statement it will not work.

In any case, I thought the definition of instant status is that the controller is notified by the device of any state change, which this appears to be.

This was just asked a few weeks ago…

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30690.msg220127.html#msg220127

[quote=“crimsondr, post:1, topic:186290”]Hi all,

Cooper z-wave switches support instant status as well.