GCal 3 set up

would you be able to remote in to my system?

Hi -

I just noticed you are on V0.6.2 of the plugin. That version had issues and are discussed in the forum

(1) You should delete that version (garbage can on the plugin)
(2) Install V0.7 from the marketplace
(3) and then add the patch found here

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.msg196876.html#msg196876

Your credentials file will be the same - just follow the setup procedure normally.

Now back to this message Waiting for startup semaphore …

Vera Log attached

I need to see what happened just before these messages start. The semaphore block is not the problem. It just means that there was a problem that caused the one plugin instance to fail.

Do you have it working with just one plugin?

I don’t know what other plug in use that I did what you asked I un installed then re install the added my calendar id then loaded the patch

Does this mean that it is now working ? If not please send a log that starts from the time you ‘reload’ until the time of the error.

no its not working yet
see attached

here you go

Try V0.7.6 here

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.165.html

I made the recovery from a locked semaphore better. You were clearly in a locked semaphore situation. The original problem may still be there - but at least we should see it in the log files now.

ok you were right it fixed that problem but I do not see a field for a key word

The mios interface does not update very well - you need to push F5 to refresh the browser.
And reload after installing a new file

Wow thank you so much after all your hard work its working now. so now thats it working I have to see how to incorporate it in my system.
Great Job. any examples of how its used, i sen it can be used to raise and lower my heat and air ( zwave t )
Thanks again

[quote=“eli167, post:33, topic:183375”]Wow thank you so much after all your hard work its working now. so now thats it working I have to see how to incorporate it in my system.
Great Job. any examples of how its used, i sen it can be used to raise and lower my heat and air ( zwave t )
Thanks again[/quote]

Good news !!

I suggest that you switch to the main topic and ask this question of others. I am sure there will be some very interesting ideas.

My personal use is fairly simple - I adjust the temperature to a low level when I am away from home and back up again when I am at home. If I am away for log periods, I also make sure the hot water is turned off and also some appliances that are not needed.

Great Work

Stuart -

Also a sort of newbie. Having some issues with getting the plugin to communicate with the calendar.

I’m getting an error stating “Gcal3.email ??”.

Followed instructions in creating the Google API, generated a key, got new calendar ID … still getting the message.

I think I enabled the logging and can pull up the log files. Can you tell me what you need to help me diagnose the connection?

Thanks!

[quote=“ny2pit, post:36, topic:183375”]Stuart -

Also a sort of newbie. Having some issues with getting the plugin to communicate with the calendar.

I’m getting an error stating “Gcal3.email ??”.

Followed instructions in creating the Google API, generated a key, got new calendar ID … still getting the message.

I think I enabled the logging and can pull up the log files. Can you tell me what you need to help me diagnose the connection?

Thanks![/quote]
GCal3.email ? usually means there is a problem with the credentials file. Try uploading your GCal3.json file again.

For logging - see the note on Debugging posted here

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.msg189513.html#msg189513