Garage Door open Check

Please do the following:

1. Lets and another condition:
    Gar1Alert Gar1Open1 and s1

2. Delete the existing Notification.
    Add two notifications:
    a) PLEG has Satisfied condition: Gar1Open1 Select a User (carlos520)
    b) PLEG has Satisfied condition: Gar1Alert Select a User (carlos520)

Save you work

1. OPEN Vera Alerts
    a) Open Settings
    Make sure process Notifications is checked
    b) For EACH user on the Left Side List
    Select a PROFILE on the Right Side List
    In particular make sure there is a profile associated with carlos520.
    c) Open Notification Configuration
    Make any changes.
    This step is needed when you add/modify ANY Vera Notification that Vera Alerts needs to process.
    This is where it looks for all of the existing Notifications, and sets itself up.
    d) Generate a Report for Vera Alerts.
    e) Save your changes

2. Open / close your garage door.

3. OPen your garage door and leave it open.

4. Use the DoitNow button in the PLEG Input Schedules to toggle the state of your timer.

Let me know how it goes … if Problems post a new PLEG Status report and the Vera Alerts Report.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:9, topic:179507”]Actually, you should use the Profile, or UserName (You can find the list of these on the Sent Alert Tab of the Vera Alert Plugin) in place of the “your Vera Alerts ID”.

The “your Vera Alerts ID” is supported for backwards compatibility. The others are more flexible and work with any/multiple Vera Alerts targets.[/quote]

Thanks, but for me, it ain’t broken, so I’m not going to fix it. Anytime you change anything in Vera something breaks. ;D

No problem, butt in any time as I always welcome other opinions/solutions. :smiley:

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:21, topic:179507”]Please do the following:

Let me know how it goes … if Problems post a new PLEG Status report and the Vera Alerts Report.

[/quote]

Richard, I did as you instructed above and re-ran the PLEG. I get a “message sent” popup but nothing else happens. Attached are the PLEG and VERA reports. Again, thank you so much for your help - I am learning a lot.

Now lets see what’s in the log files.
On Vera Alerts Device, Advanced Tab, Set Debug to 1
On PLEG Device, Advanced Tab, Set Debug to 1
Save the changes.
Start to display the log:
http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP
Open Close the Garage Door.

Save the Log and attach it.
Also Post the Status report.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:25, topic:179507”]Now lets see what’s in the log files.
On Vera Alerts Device, Advanced Tab, Set Debug to 1
On PLEG Device, Advanced Tab, Set Debug to 1
Save the changes.
Start to display the log:
http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP
Open Close the Garage Door.

Save the Log and attach it.
Also Post the Status report.[/quote]

Richard, I assumed that when you say Open/Close the Garage Door I should use the Garage plugin so I did. Attached is the HTM and status report:

I see the message sent out to your profile:
Carlos-S3

I checked the Vera Alerts Exchange (The intermediate stop between Vera and Your Phone)
I saw 15 messages sent your Vera Mobile app in the last 3 hours.

Note that the LAN connection is failing. Apparently this is not connected to the LAN, or has the wrong IP/Port address.
You might need to setup your router to always assign your phone the same IP address.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:27, topic:179507”]I see the message sent out to your profile:
Carlos-S3

I checked the Vera Alerts Exchange (The intermediate stop between Vera and Your Phone)
I saw 15 messages sent your Vera Mobile app in the last 3 hours.

Note that the LAN connection is failing. Apparently this is not connected to the LAN, or has the wrong IP/Port address.
You might need to setup your router to always assign your phone the same IP address.[/quote]
I have confirmed that my phone has a static IP addressed (reserved from my router). I also I have no problem in receiving other alerts (front door open, motion detected, etc.). Nevertheless, I still get a “message sent” notification when I select “do it now”, but nothing else happens. Attached are the Vera and PLE status (with the garage door currently open). Sorry for being such a pest.

I am not quite sure what you mean by “message sent”. Do you mean “Request Sent” ?
I think it’s time to see the debug log as well.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:29, topic:179507”]I am not quite sure what you mean by “message sent”. Do you mean “Request Sent” ?
I think it’s time to see the debug log as well.[/quote]
Sorry, yes I meant “request sent.” Not sure how to produce a debug log so I used the same procedure you outlined in an earlier post. Here it is.

That’s the Log … but I need to it cover the the following time frame:

1. Open Garage Door
  2. Click Do it Now
  3. Close Garage Door

In other words I need to see what is in the log file while your logic is invoked.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:31, topic:179507”]That’s the Log … but I need to it cover the the following time frame:

1. Open Garage Door
  2. Click Do it Now
  3. Close Garage Door

In other words I need to see what is in the log file while your logic is invoked.[/quote]

Attached p[lease find the log file per your instructions above. I renamed the HTM file to DOC so that I could attach it. Thank you

[quote=“DigitalC, post:32, topic:179507”][quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:31, topic:179507”]That’s the Log … but I need to it cover the the following time frame:

1. Open Garage Door
  2. Click Do it Now
  3. Close Garage Door

In other words I need to see what is in the log file while your logic is invoked.[/quote]

Attached p[lease find the log file per your instructions above. I renamed the HTM file to DOC so that I could attach it. Thank you[/quote]

Richard, sorry to bother you but have you had a chance to review the log I sent you.? Thank you.

Does not look like you went to Vera Alerts and opened the Notification Configuration tab after you created the Notification for GarlAlert

Remember with Vera Alerts … you have to open the Vera Alerts Notification Configuration tab after you add, delete, or modify ANY notification in Vera.

Either that or you have not specified the conditions for the notification correctly.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:34, topic:179507”]Does not look like you went to Vera Alerts and opened the Notification Configuration tab after you created the Notification for GarlAlert

Remember with Vera Alerts … you have to open the Vera Alerts Notification Configuration tab after you add, delete, or modify ANY notification in Vera.

Either that or you have not specified the conditions for the notification correctly.[/quote]

I did update Vera Alerts, but I will check again the conditions to make sure they are right. Thanks for responding.