Fronius Solar inverter integration

Hi,

On UI5 you can add the configuration variables manually and then I think it should work.
The ServiceID to use is; urn:rboer-com:serviceId:SolarMeter1
Variable FA_IPAddress you enter the Fronius IP address
Variable FA_DeviceID the Fronius device ID, a number between 0 and 9.
Variable System the value 6.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene,
Thank you for continuing to help me.
Where and how can I add the variables manually? I can see the files in “develop apps” and “luup files” but I cannot edit. Download, edit and upload again?

Best regards, Per

Hi Per,

I honestly do not remember how you can manually add a variable to a device in UI5. It is done with the device, not in develop apps.

I also do not recall is you can type some LUA test code in UI5 (I did not run UI5 for long).
But if you can you can also use these LUA statements:

luup.variable_set("urn:rboer-com:serviceId:SolarMeter1", "System", 6, 379)
luup.variable_set("urn:rboer-com:serviceId:SolarMeter1", "FA_IPAddress", "<IP address>", 379)
luup.variable_set("urn:rboer-com:serviceId:SolarMeter1", "FA_DeviceID", <fr dev id>, 379)

Then reload luup and see what happens.

Cheers Rene

In UI5 you go to the bottom of the advanced tab for the device to add a variable:

That’s it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi,
I have added the LUA statements in Startup LUA manually and SolarMeter1 stopped to ask “Configure solar system via Settings” :slight_smile:
But I cannot find the device in my device list neither open the device # 379 in the App, nothing is shown.
If I could do see the device it would be possible to open it and add variables at bottom in the device.
//Per

Hi Per,

I fear there are more things UI5 needs to have that UI7 does different. It has been a long time since I looked at those and as said I do not have a box to test with anymore. Not sure if you can compare with other plugins and test it with trail and error. Else I am sorry it does not work for you.

Cheers Rene