http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11027.msg112616.html#msg112616

[ul][li]Download the file, unzip to your computer and upload to your Vera.[/li]
[li]
In the Advanced tab change the Impl file to I_Foscam98HD.xml [/li]
[li]
Also in URL change admin and pwd to match your foscam login details[/li]
[li]
Save the changes[/li][/ul]

If you encounter any other issues, it would be better if you posted the question in the referred thread. Most of the issues encountered with the F18921W are already be answered.[/quote]

I’m a little lost here. My apologies for asking what are probably extremely simple questions on these forums. :-[
Regarding your last statement though about asking questions in the referred to thread, I thought that’s what I was doing by asking in THIS thread. ??? The link you provided simply takes me to an earlier page within this same thread.

Also, I keep seeing mention of the “Advanced tab”. I’ve been all through my MCV Lite UI and I don’t see what is being referenced here. I’m sure this is just another rookie mistake, but I truly am trying to piece together the bits and pieces here to get this working on my own. I’ve just hit a wall at this point and really need some guidance.

since u have a HD cam the motion plugin won’t work.
if you have “autodetect UPnP devices” turned off , the vera won’t find the cam
basicly you have to add the IP-cam to the UI5 or MCV lite UI as you call it.
to do this you go in the UI to : “Devices” and there goto “Add Devices” and choose “I want to add a IP camera”
add the IP-cam to your Vera and after it installed this you have a IP camera device.
use URL : /cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=
replace with the IP of the IP-Cam.
now goto the post with file attached and upload this to your vera.
on the IPcam device in vera click the wrench button and put the filename I_foscam98HD.xml in the right place and then press the red save button and reboot ur vera. when done goto the ipcam device again and fill in your username and pass in settings tab and save and reload UI and wait a bit. the rest you don’t have to fill in as the IP of the cam is allready there and the rest is being done automaticly when you have filled in your login and saved.
edit: put url in

I have done a little mockup as an example and a pictures paints a thousand words. Note in Foscam3, I have displayed the change in DirectStreamingURL as User=Guest and the Password = Guest. This would be what your respective details are and reflected in the URL.

Okay, this is sounding a little clearer now, guys!!. :o THANK you!
I’m still stuck at the part though, "to do this you go in the UI to : “Devices” and there goto “Add Devices” and choose “I want to add a IP camera”

I’ve now enabled the UPnP on the Foscam (it WAS disabled - never saw anywhere that I needed to enable this!) and have rebooted both the camera and the Vera. When I go into the Devices section to add an IP camera, it’s not seeing anything. Am I not supposed to go through the jpg URL discovery process??

UPnP in the vera… Section NET&Wifi.
the UPnP in the foscam is for forwarding the ports of the cam itself to the outside world.
yes you need to go through the cam-install procedure obviously.
url is in the post above.

Doh! :-[
Okay…but when I look in Vera under Net & Wi-fi, I don’t see any options for setting UPnP. I did find it though under Devices->Add Devices->UPnP devices.
It’s now enabled in UI5.
I saved this and then went back in to “I want to add an IP Camera”.

So, what I’m not sure about now is…should I expect Vera to populate the camera now w/o me doing anything else…or do I now click on “Manually Add” and go through the process of discovery via the whole jpg image thing?

[EDIT] Just read in the MiOS FAQ that I need to wait about 10 minutes after enabling UPnP for the system to complete the discovery process.

there is… its called: Auto detect devices on my home network
you can powercycle the IPcam for auto-discovery… only works when cam is on port 80

You are correct. It is checked. Not sure if it was checked before, but I definitely didn’t check the option prior to this.
In any case, Once I’m in “I want to add an IP Camera”, I’m still not seeing a camera populate. Is that what’s supposed to occur next?

[EDIT]
Went into Devices->Add Devices->UPnP devices, clicked on Next, and now see a list of various things detected on my network.
All of them are NOT the camera, but there are 2 entries that are suspicious: 2 marked as N/A, and 1 marked as “WFADevice”, which think is a wireless device

Any idea what the N/A’s are? Never mind…it’s my Roku box.

So…back to the camera NOT being detected.

I i just got the Foscam FI9821W v2 and for some weird reason when i install the VISTA HD plugin or the foscam plugin they don’t create any devices so i had to manually add my camera using LUUP devices , got pan and tilt to work too but no zoom , not sure zoom is an option here .

and with the help all the posts in this thread here is my final settings :

device type : urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:2

Settings tab :

URL : http://IP:PORT/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

EVEN THOUGH THE USER AND PASSWORD ARE IN THE URL ABOVE BUT IN ORDER TO MAKE PAN / TILT WORK YOU HAVE TO WRITE THEM AGAIN IN THEIR FIELDS .

IP : YOURIP:PORT

ADVANCED TAB :

ip : yourip:port

mac address : add your camera mac address

device file : D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml

impl file : I_Foscam98HD.xml

HOPE THIS HELPS , if you know how can i make the plugin works that would be great .

Thanks
Rami

Thanks, rmohsen!

Looks like you were having the same problem I was dealing with. It just wouldn’t detect the camera.
With your manual setup settings and the posted, I’ve now got a functioning 9821W v2 camera.

The only question/comment I have now is that the video quality, as compared to a direct link to the camera’s UI, isn’t quite as good. It’s about 90% there. I’m wondering if there’s a setting somewhere in Vera that specifies the video quality for the stream.
Also, the FPS rate seems to be quite a bit lower too.
PTZ inputs seem to be kinda jumpy too and don’t respond anywhere near as smoothly as in the camera UI.

zoom is not an option with 9821W
flaky video performance is some UI5 bug or whatever you want to call it.
for presets to work you have to make them first in the Foscam UI. then in vera UI they show as button 1 till 8. same order as they are in foscam UI.
URL is only for adding IP-cam option. not neccesary for the ip-cam device in vera as the I_foscam98HD.xml takes care of this , when you fill in the username and password. the thing is you need to save and restart vera and wait a bit for the vera to setup the stuff. after that you would put in settings the username and pass and again save and wait for vera reload and then restart vera.
this is common procedure for the vera so you might want to remember this steps as basic instructions to get anything working.
steps are : you change something in vera > red save button comes up. press save… wait for reload… reload or restart the vera again… wait again for bootup/reload. then commence next steps.

Also noticed, the video stream in UI5 is missing about the bottom 1/3rd of the image, compared to the UI on the camera.

works fine here. even after setting ipcam to 720P. only thing that is not working correctly is the fullscreen option in vera device. the controls on the right are hidden behind the picture. solved by double clicking the browsers titlebar 4 times

@ rmohsen & ck42, what have you in advanced tab in “DirectStreamingUrl” ?

Can you see video stream in mobile apps ?

i didn’t get the video to work , i only see pictures here , maybe ck42 can help

Direct streaming does not work in third party apps outside of your network. It will function inside your network and only if the third party app supports streaming.

• Garrett

in my remote app i used the vera internal portforwarding to show the cam stream. works ok. in mcv own remote app stuff doesnt work, better use garrett’s app on android and inveltr’s app on ios

How did you do the port forwarding in vera ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

there is a option for it you can find in the wiki here : http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Remote_Camera_Streaming

Sorry for continuing to make this thread longer but it is an absolutely fabulous thread. Besides the longer it gets the better the information…

So I have 2 main questions… I have 4 FOSCAMS F18918W that I have succeeded in implementing into my VeraLite thanks to this thread. P&T works fine as well as the presets. Zoom is still not working. Also on the face plates there is no image however once you go into the settings there is the live stream that I can P&T.

I have not done anything beyond this as I am struggling with a 5th camera.
I do have a Loftek outside of my home and tried only the FOSCAM and Generic settings. To no avail I can not get it in there. I know this site is mainly centered around the FOSCAMS but was wondering if there were any ideas how to try and get this into my system?
Here are my settings thus far for the FOSCAMS… Again I have not tweaked the settings as of yet but I am getting a little overwhelmed with the amount of different options. right now I just want maybe zoom, alarm and the faceplates to be correct. Thanks

Device #41

Controlled via No parent/Please select

Device params

name Sunroom Cam

device_type urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:DigitalSecurityCamera:2

altid

ip 192.168.0.54

mac

manufacturer

model

room_num

id_parent

embedded

disabled

restricted

device_file D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml

id 41

room 0

time_created 1381462491

plugin 1978

username admin

password XXXXXXX

impl_file I_FoscamPTZ.xml

category_num 6

local_udn uuid:4d494342-5342-5645-0029-00000216413c

Variables

URL /snapshot.cgi

Timeout 5

PreRollBuffer 0

StepSize 1

ReversePan 0

ReverseTilt 0

Commands camera_up,camera_down,camera_left,camera_right,camera_full_screen,camera_preset,camera_archive_snapshot

State -1

New service:

New variable:

New value:

UPDATE 1: LOFTEK Camera
decided to delete the loftek and reinstalled using the FOSCAM settings again and viola! Go figure! In this case it actually shows a snapshot on the faceplate. Still cant figure the FOSCAM faceplates out.

Interesting note that on my Droid AutHomationHD, all the cameras show a picture on the faceplate and I can control very normally and the presets work as well.

UPDATE 2:
well after a long nite of tinkering I got these working. I still can’t figure out the motion alarm feature. I don’t even see a setting for it. Without that, the cameras on my Z-Wave network is pretty much useless. At this point my Blue Iris has more functionality.