Foscam HD plugin

found another post about how to delete…

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11027.msg105521.html#msg105521

Hi –

As far as I am concerned the FI9826 is the most capable Foscam camera. The 3x zoom is very good, and the night LED work very well. See:

http://www.foscam.com/prd_view.aspx?id=264

Don

I just loaded a new Foscam FI9821 W V2.1, as a plain IP camera, which worked fine, and after that went though adding the HD Plugin, using the posted instructions.
Although the Camera display still shows video, up on top of the page there is a blue banner displaying ‘Foscam HD:starting up’ - that never goes away…
I see no pan/tilt controls, or any new changes to the camera icon to indicate the plugin has taken effect.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

geod, something is not right. Either the plugin didn’t install correctly or something is not configured properly.

I submitted a support ticket for you with Customer Care and they should be in touch shortly.

Marc, thanks for your reply.

It works now, but not sure why.

Vera Edge self rebooted several times through the day, and on the last one it came back up without the camera.
I had a fresh backup ready, which I restored to end up with the same problem (Foscam HD startup, never completed).
So I deleted camera, and uninstalled the plugin, and installed again…, to the same problem.
I repeated the same again, except that I could not uninstall the plugin (?), but then…, when I loaded the camera once again, things were different.

Now the camera works fine, with pan/tilt, presets…

Bet you will probably hear about this issue from someone else…

Thanks!

Updated to MCV firmware 1.7.569 and noticed they added a “Set Preset” button on the Live image screen. Tried to use it to set a preset for # 4, 7 and 8 and get the following error message “Error sending command. Please try again”. Was wondering if anyone else had tried this? I have a VeraLite with a Foscam FI9821W V2.

Does this work with UI5? I get “Installation Failed, reason: to install plugin”
All help is appreciated.

Hi all,

Updated to MCV firmware 1.7.569 and noticed they added a "Set Preset" button on the Live image screen. Tried to use it to set a preset for # 4, 7 and 8 and get the following error message "Error sending command. Please try again". Was wondering if anyone else had tried this? I have a VeraLite with a Foscam FI9821W V2.

The support for setting the presets was not added into the plugin. I will do this soon and I will let you know here when this is implemented but like always I will need some help form you, I need a public camera so I can test the changes.

Does this work with UI5? I get "Installation Failed, reason: to install plugin" All help is appreciated.

I will investigate this also and I will be back with an answer, but it’s possible to take a while based on my workload at the office.

I will try to look over this issues as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

• Andrei -

Andrei, contact me when you are ready to work on the plugin. I will make one of my cameras available for your testing.

I seem to be having problems similar to other users. I have the blue banner across the top of the page with “FoscamHD”: Starting up…" and the video shows in the devices window but there are no pan/tilt or preset buttons. I am on the latest build of UI7. I would be happy to assist with any troubleshooting or testing.

Hi all,

I think I will have the time for some updates on the plugin if nothing urgent will show up. For the ones of you that want to let me “play” with the camera, please enable tech support on your unit and send me the access codes. Also I will need the IP of you camera and the credentials for it. Thank you in advance.

All the Bests,

• Andrei -

HI andrei,

If you would like, i can make my cameras available for testing - i have two 9821, and going to add a third.

I have been following your instructions but cannot get the pan / tilt controls to show up. going to play with it a bit tonight, but feel free to reach out if you want to use mine for testing.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi andrei,

Its the darnedest thing…

it took a bit, but i got your Pan / Tilt fix working.

My main issue now (and apologies if i should post this somewhere else - but i can only take snapshots with the camera, it will NOT record - is that normal? or do you have a magical fix for that (probably a correction to my user error).

I also noticed that when trying to set a ‘preset’ i get an error every time - Error sending command. Please try again.

Thanks again for all your support on these forums.

Ian

I have had no luck with this plugin. Any tips for a UI7 setup?

I can see video, but it continuously gets stuck on “FoscamHD: Starting up…”

Hi Randmness,

can you walk us through what setup process you followed?

i’m assuming you setup the camera’s with the foscam software first correct?

what did you do after that?

Hi all,

I attached a new version for the plugin that includes :

• setting presets;
  • support for recording.

I will make it public as soon as someone can confirm it’s working. In order to use this version, please do the followings:

• download the attachment;
  • check “Restart Luup after upload”
  • upload the file on your gateway (Apps/Develop Apps/Luup files)
  • refresh your browser(CTRL+F5)
    Engine will reload and after this, the new update should be up and running.

!!!NOTE!!!: Regarding setting the presets , let me explain how this feature is implemented by Foscam

• presets can be called/set by using thir name;
  • when a preset is added, it is inserted on the last position available into a presets array stored internally in camera software. So for example, let’s say that you have set on your camera the only four default preset. Adding another one, “Preset_5” will be placed on position 5 on the array presets. The array presets will look something like this :
presets[1] = TopMost presets[2] = BottomMost presets[3] = LeftMost presets[4] = RightMost presets[5] = Preset_5
- let's also assume that you deleted the "BottomMost" preset form camera's UI. In this situation , the preset array will look like this
presets[1] = TopMost presets[2] = LeftMost presets[3] = RightMost presets[4] = Preset_5
Notice that "Preset_5" is now on position 4.

Taking all of this in consideration and how presets are implemented in our web UI(we don’t have control over the preset order on camera), when a preset is set, it will be added at the end of the preset array EVEN if you select a higher preset number. If it was unclear until now, this also affects the preset call functionality. Taking the above example, if you want to call “Preset_5” after you deleted the “BottomMost” one, you will need to call preset #4 in web UI (button #4) instead of preset #5 (button #5).

Please let me know if this version is ready for publishing.

All the Bests,

• Andrei -

Hi Andrei
Pan and tilt works. Recording works, but only records for a very short time.
In camera view there is a picture, but in live view there is no picture.

Note: I got motion sensors to work by using a virtual sensor and getting the Foscam SDK command getDevState to check is motion is detected.
Regards Tom

Hi tomvanbreda,

If I got it right, you can no longer see the live stream, right? Please let me know if this version is fixing the live view issue.

Regards,

• Andrei -

Hi Andrei
No luck.
The picture on the screen were the presets are do not display.

Regards
Tom

Hi Andrei,

I sent you an email with the latest testing - i do have an issue with my controller ‘hanging’ and needing to be manually rebooted. Once i do some full testing tonight i’ll post it on here for others to collaborate on.

tomvanbreda - what controller are you using? i’m curious to see if you see any of the same issues i’m seeing?