Forest atlantis with Fibaro roller shutter v2 goes back to 90% after opening

Since I short while I have a Forest atlantis roller shutter combined with a Fibaro roller shutter v2. It works like a charm, except for one small issue: After opening completely (100%), it for some reason thinks it needs to go back to 90%.

you can see it happen in this video: Forest atlantis with Fibaro roller shutter v2 (z-wave) - YouTube

During calibration, it is going up all the way, even ending in that position: Forest atlantis calibration run with fibaro ruller shutter v2 (zwave) - YouTube

Any idea what could cause the problem?

I’m not that familiar with the motors that Forrest is using in their roller shades. The motor needs to have 2 directional mains wires (one for up and one for down) for that Fibarao motor controller to work, and it would need externally settable limits switches for the calibration to work.

I think the Forrest Atlantis system comes with a radio controlled motor (not Z-Wave radio), so you’ll need to look at using an Arduino wired to that remote or an extra to have Vera send commands through the original remote (or look into an interface compatible with their radio).

If I am wrong and you do have a standard motor then you might test run the motor with main power directly and make sure it runs to each limit as it should.

MotionCo offers Z-Wave native tubular motors for roller/roman shades, rolling shutters and draperies.
The built-in electronic encoder and Z-Wave chip offers perfect positioning and reporting of the product to 1% accuracy.
Shade motors are built using SMT, Silent Motor Technology and are very quiet :wink:
info@zwavemotors.com

[quote=“shady, post:2, topic:185926”]I’m not that familiar with the motors that Forrest is using in their roller shades. The motor needs to have 2 directional mains wires (one for up and one for down) for that Fibarao motor controller to work, and it would need externally settable limits switches for the calibration to work.

I think the Forrest Atlantis system comes with a radio controlled motor (not Z-Wave radio), so you’ll need to look at using an Arduino wired to that remote or an extra to have Vera send commands through the original remote (or look into an interface compatible with their radio).

If I am wrong and you do have a standard motor then you might test run the motor with main power directly and make sure it runs to each limit as it should.[/quote]

The motor indeed has 2 directional mains wires and calibration controls on it. I’ve been able to use these to set the boundaries, and when I do a calibration run, it is running to the exact right positions. It didn’t come with a radio control, all it had when I bought it was a cord with 3 wires ;D (They probably sell them with other controls too, but I bought it at a home automation shop that specializes in z-wave solutions). This motor can be controlled

Since during the calibration run the motor is going to the right positions (see video) , I am kind of guessing this is a software issue. In the vera interface it also reports that it’s going back top 90%, so the vera knows it’s not a 100%.

Yes it doesn’t sound like it is the motor or the controller that is the problem then.

The controller may have modes for different window products. For instance the AMBHZ motor controller supports tilting for Venetian blinds, maybe there something like this for the Fibaro controller that is causing undesirable movement?

Please let us know if you figure it out.