First attempt: wiring light switch with status LED to ZWave inwall switch

Newbie on his first Z-wave project here…

Many websites advertise packages such as the Clipsal Saturn plus an inwall switch such as DHS. The Saturn comes with the option of status LED.

The wiring diagrams shown in the manual make sense if you do not want the LED indicator on the switch - Active and Load wires go to the Z-Wave in-wall switch and COM and KEY1 to the switch (this is the DHS labelling, it would be e.g. Sx and S1 on the Fibaro). The only function of the wall switch is to close the loop to signal the Z-wave switch, and no active current flows through it.

To get the LED working, the switch needs a mains active feed. There are only 2 feeds into the switch, Live and Load. (Note: I am ignoring Neutral in all of this as I have a 2-wire switch setup). I have been told that to get the LED indicator functioning I have to “parallel wire” the LED circuit.

Does this mean an active wire fed from the Z-Wave active input to the wall switch? I can’t see how this could work - the active wire for the LED and the COM wire from the DHS would be joined as they both go into the same input on the Saturn, so the COM-KEY1 connection on the DHS (equivalent to the Sx-S1 on the Fibaro) would be live when the switch is joined. I’m sure this would destroy the inwall switch(?).

I could of course not wire anything out of the COM-KEY1 switch and parallel wire the Saturn to both the Active and Load ports of the DHS. This would still work as the Saturn and the DHS would entirely independently control the switch. In that case would I lose the ability to detect the event when the light is turned on at the wall?

(Note: As a pure aside, I am actually thinking of using some new Australian-made switches instead of the Saturn - the brand is CLIXMO and they are readily available on eBay. They have the advantage of having capacitative touch rather than button push and also can be programmed using 433MHz wireless eg. RFXCOM. Principle is the same though.)

I highly doubt that the CLIXMO switches are “Australian made”!