Firmware updates bricks my VeraPlus

try this => Video: Recover Bricked Vera plus - Community Playground / General Discussions - Vera Community (getvera.com)

1 Like

What if the unit is extrooted? Isn’t that the best solution to avoid getting bricked?

It’s not supported after 7.31, if I remember correctly.

I have my Vera Secure on 7.31 (ver 1.7.4971, March 2nd, 2020) - and it’s extrooted. I have ignored the latest update since it doesn’t bring anything useful to the table (for me).

7.31 is the current FW. if you’re already on 7.31, the disk partition has already been changed and you should not experience the problems reported in this thread.

Same here - packing it up to send for refund - unless I get an easy answer. You cant sell brick"ing"/“ed” devices.
At least in the APP maybe you say something?

Tried customer care - no response.

I had a good call with customer support last night. Tried to get it to respond to a TFTP server to enable SSH but unfortunately that didn’t work. I am returning the unit for a refund. It seems like certain batches have the auto-update issue and they said if you decide to get a new one. Do NOT go through setup without calling support first. They can enter the MAC address on their end blocking the auto-update. Then they can SSH in and make enough room for the update to complete.

I had two Plus’s brick on initialization. I got a third one to work by asking Vera to remove the serial number off the server auto firmware update list. Tech support got it started and manually installed several sequential firmware updates in a support session. It took about an hour for then to get it done. Works great!!! Vera support is awesome…

1 Like