findvera can't find Vera

So as of yesterday I’m the proud new owner of Vera. I plugged it in to my DSL modem/router and tried to access it from micasaverde.com/vera2 and it said that there is more than one Vera on my network and then couldn’t connect to it but it did give me it’s ip address so I could connect to it that way. Also when I try to find it via findvera I get a message telling me that there is no Vera on my home network. Well I assure you that there is. I managed to configure my Schlage lock and set up some scenes. The problem is that since I didn’t set up an account with findvera I can’t access it remotely or get email notifications and the like. Does anyone know where I should begin to get this all working?

Thanks everyone.

findvera doesn’t work with Vera2 and the latest firmware anymore. It only works with the old Vera. I struggled with that until I came across a post on this forum about the same issue. As a matter of fact you can’t even setup a findvera account. You now “find” Vera by going to cp.mios.com and logging in with the user name and password you created when you setup the box the 1st time.

As for finding Vera using micasaverde.com/vera2, just make sure that its ip address is in the same ip address range (e.g. 192.168.x.xxx) and subnet mask (255.255.255.0). I also had the same exact problem initially until I realized that the ip address it had acquired was on a different ip range than the pc I was using to set it up.

And if you skipped that, you can go to http://www.mios.com and click ‘Register on the top right’, or go there directly at MiOS.

Great. Thanks guys. I managed to register. So I set up my lock to email me in the event of and bad pin attempt. I tested it out and have yet to recieve an email. I have triple checked on the MiOS site and my contact information is correct. In fact, when I check the log there are no entries for today. The last entry is when I locked the door before going to bed. Have I garbled something?

If it is a Schlage lock then I believe you need to enter a bad pin three or more times to get the alert sent out.

Yep. That did it. By entering an incorrect PIN several times I managed to get a notification. I also managed to get my self locked out for 5 minutes while I finished my cigarette because the lock shut down. ::slight_smile:

Thanks a lot everyone.

Sorry, forgot to mention that part. I usually do tests to the locks while the door is open, so that doesn’t happen to me.

[quote=“S-F, post:6, topic:167772”]Yep. That did it. By entering an incorrect PIN several times I managed to get a notification. I also managed to get my self locked out for 5 minutes while I finished my cigarette because the lock shut down. ::slight_smile:

Thanks a lot everyone.[/quote]