Fibaro Door/Window sensor - VeraEdge and setting Entry Delay

Hi All,

I hope somebody can solve a strange thing which I can’t figure out.

I want to use my Vera Edge UI7 (1.7.1248) as a security system, so I’ve got a couple of Fibaor Door/Window sensors. When the are armed they fire immediately my alarm scene, for some reason they are not delayed, even that I have set the option ‘Wait 30 seconds before reporting a motion, door, window tripped’ in the preset modes.

The thing I want to accomplish that I can walk in, and have 30 seconds to switch to the home mode.

Any pointers?

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. The alarm turns on as soon as I open the door before I had unarmed using the RFID-reader.
Anyone who knows how to resolve this?

Anyone who knows if the Vera Edge have a defect since my understanding of the delay config is the same as pvanmever mention.

I have the same issue. I have set the delay to 300 seconds but the sensors is reporting while I change to away mode.

Have you switched OFF the toggle switches for the alarms in “Dashboard”, then “My Modes” and then “What to do if an armed sensor trips” ?
For me it worked, otherwise, despite the delay settings, the system will activate the alarms sirens immediately…

The problem here is that you are not delaying the scene from home modes, only the reporting of individual sensors when armed.

Best bet is to set it where it asked what to do if an armed sensor trips to do nothing.

Next get your modes to change straight away (1 second is lowest I think).
You can then create some sort audible warning to let you know the mode had changed, I use tts to say armed or disarmed.

Next you create an advanced scene (my choice world be to use pleg).
In your scene you set a delay, say 45 seconds, and at the end of that it triggers if there is any motion sensor triggers).

This gives you time to get out of the door once you hear the armed warning.

Add to this I’ve created a motion sense tts and further delay when I return, so you get an audible “intruder detected” giving you time to turn the alarm off, if you don’t you get the sirens.

Then lastly only send yourself a notification for the alarm going off, not the individual sensors

[quote=“EricwithVera, post:4, topic:188116”]Have you switched OFF the toggle switches for the alarms in “Dashboard”, then “My Modes” and then “What to do if an armed sensor trips” ?
For me it worked, otherwise, despite the delay settings, the system will activate the alarms sirens immediately…[/quote]

I’m not shore how you mean?
Under “Choose sensors to arm” - I have all sensors activated that should report in the different modes.

I will offcourse not get any email if I “switch OFF the toggle switches for the alarms”.

I am using latest version of Vera UI7.