Fibaro Dimmer 2 support?

New release notes says added support for Fibaro Dimmer 2 Gen5. I do not understand what this “support” means.

1. Fibaro Dimmer 2 Gen 5’s are not selectable as separate device types during add device wizard. I have to choose generic z-wave device. They are detected as model “FGD-212”. No gen5 there. Is that all?

2. Does anyone know why there are always 2 sub-devices added - apparently with no purpose?

3. My Fibaro Dimmer 2’s end up with “Can’t Detect Device” warnings all the time, yet the dimmer works well when polled/adjusted.Any ideas?

Rgds,
Vidar

Since the update, my dimmer 2 has been reporting the same, the on/off still function

I also have fibaro dimmer 2’s, to get rid of your can’t detect device try the following:

From your Vera web browser go to devices, YourDimmer>Advanced>Variables and scroll down to “PollSettings” and change this variable to “0”.

I haven’t had any can’t detect device errors from any of my fibaro dimmer 2’s for over a month now since setting this variable to “0”.

[quote=“vidarak, post:1, topic:193180”]2. Does anyone know why there are always 2 sub-devices added - apparently with no purpose?

1. My Fibaro Dimmer 2’s end up with “Can’t Detect Device” warnings all the time, yet the dimmer works well when polled/adjusted.Any ideas?

Rgds,
Vidar[/quote]

I would like to know this to. Very annoying.
RichDC suggestions above doesn’t work for me.

+1 on the Cant detect device error. I found that setting Autoconfigure device in settings to No stops the error, after clearing the “commfailure” variable under advanced tab and reloading. However I have other problems with these:

• I can not get ANY bulbs to work in 2 wire configuration with the bypass 2. I replaced dimmer 1 modules with these and NONE of the 5 bulbs that used to work with the dimmer 1 now do… they all end up flickering when on. Has anyone successfully managed to get these to work with 2 wire and bypass?
  1. One of my modules is not reporting the light as on if the switch is used… Wattage is reported, so seems like something gets back. I am not sure if this is a faulty module as others seem to report ok, as far as I can tell.

I am on the verge of sending the ones I am using with 2 wire back to Vesternet and sticking with the dimmer 1 modules.