Fibaro 3 in 1 Sensor Ghost devices keep appearing

Ah, so you do admit it is a pita :blush:

For sure ā€¦ I wish I had starting coding myself from day 1 ā€“ instead of being so far down the road when I decided to code around plugins and convert all my scenes to variable watches and timers.

I too have almost no plugins, but Vera instability is mainly linked to the way zwave is handled. After 50 devices itā€™s like a Russian rouletteā€¦

Depends on how one defines unstable. My massive frustration was the spontaneous reloads, brought to a breaking point for me when the installation of AltUI brought it down to every few hours. Those reloads are gone in my no plug-in system. (I still get reloads in my 2nd Vera, which is an isolation ward for just two plug ins).

I have a system that runs reliably, events get triggered when they should, no hang ups. Yeah, I see CANā€™s pop up in the log file, but Iā€™m just not seeing big issues in functionality of my system that they are causing.

There certainly was a time when my log was full of nonce get floods, CANā€™s, and hangups that paralyzed the mesh for 8-10 minutes. But not lately.

What is the Russian Roulette effect that you see in your system?

Last week it was so unstable a scene ran 12 minutes after it was suppose to run. And trip/untrip got missed.

Now it seems stable again. I also added a zway because every parameter change is now impossible to be sent. My crash are 110% related to zwave.

1 Like

We both have systems loaded with Zwave devices and functionality and two such different behaviors.

I noted that the whole transition of replacing plugins and scenes dropped my CPU utilization from 30% to 8% for what is actually greater functionality now. Do you think the application load can interfere with Zwave operations?

For me, no. Cpu never above 1%. And avg 0.3%. Although I appreciate the input please can we stay ontopic? Fibaro 3in1 issue? I have NOT these issues with another motion sensor.

We are in topic. You have too many devices in your system for Veraā€™s ability to handle them. Me, with 70, I can barely have it stable and I think you with 150 are in worst situation. I canā€™t set parameters as well, because the Vera timeouts. I have a VeraEdge as you. Maybe with a Plus things are better, because it has a better CPU, but AFAIK Vera is single threaded when dealing with Zwave, so I donā€™t think things will improve. The only way to set parameters for me was to add a ZWay+UZB as secondary and set ā€œautoconfigureā€ to false on every device after inclusion. Zwave locks apart, I can now manage my devices again.

1 Like

But how is it possible I have this issues not with other motion sensors? I can set parameters on neo coolcam easilyā€¦?

it depends on your network typology and the way a given device is implemented, or its firmware version. Fibaro is known for changing things from a version to another of its firmware.

Its a problem on fgms001 and fgms001 v3.2.

I whish @Melih was as active on these kinds of topics as on others

1 Like

Exactly my point when I brought up how two of my FGMS-001ā€™s did not ā€œlikeā€ a 12 hour wakeup interval. The firmware on those two is reported as: 271,2081,46572, and the model is: FGMS-001 (v3.2). That firmware is different from the rest of my FGMS-001ā€™s.

He does not care that much anymore on current users with current Vera firmware, so I would not expect too muchā€¦ see other threads. It is not officially EOL but very closeā€¦

1 Like

He should, 0% runs his ezlo stuff. 100% runs Vera. And if he doesnā€™t care bout Vera, why did he buy it at the first place? Keep your potential customers close but keep your existing customers closer.

What doe do mean ā€œdo not likeā€? What do they like?

Those two particular sensors got into a mode where they were trying to wakeup every few seconds (could see that in the log), which brought everything on my mesh to a halt. It was kind of funny ā€“ I could see their battery levels dropping down as I watched. (My other 18 FGMS-001ā€™s were fine with 12 hours).

Couldnā€™t unpair them because of all the traffic, and at that point I couldnā€™t even delete them from Vera. Pulled the batteries on both to shut them up, and then delete device on Vera worked. Replaced the batteries and did a factory reset on the sensors, then re-paired them and left them at the default 2 hour wakeup and they were fine.

Maybe a week or two later, I tried the 12 hours again on one of them, and it was OK, then did the other one and it was OK too. I assumed the factory reset had cleared something out that changed their behavior.

Exactly this! What happened? And when will it happen again with 2 others of your ā€œ20ā€. The thing is it is not ok and very unreliable! This happened and due to a freacking non working motion sensor I was not woken!

See why I am fokking frustrated with vera!?

Oh that sucks

C

Ouch. Iā€™m so sorry, itā€™s not good when they mess with your car. Iā€™ve never experienced this (except a broken window on my old 3 Series hatchback almost 10 years ago), but I remember when they did to my business partner: you need to call BWM in order to start the engine again and the bill will make you even more angry, if possible.

I would not trust Zwave, on any hub, from a security point of view. Even if Home Assistant, or Hubitat, or Homesser, or whatever are better at handling this mess called Zwave, the fact that thereā€™s a quite complex software running behind makes them not 100% accurate as an alarm, better if wired.

Alarms are made with other things in mind (like redundancy, re-transmission, etc) and I wonā€™t trust a protocol that is not designed with this in mind. A proper alarm system is a better investment, imho.

I have to confess, I only use Vera ā€˜securityā€™ as a second line.

C