[Feature Request] Descripion section (comments) for Conditions & Actions tabs

While Inputs are somewhat self explanatory based on naming and the Description section in that tab, Conditions and Actions are not.

It would be great to have a user-definable Description/Comments so we could include “reminders” of why we did something a specific way… examples: why to separate similar Conditions instead placing together, what the complimentary Condition in another PLEG is, etc.

This really isn’t a bad idea. As my lists of conditions grow it becomes increasingly difficult to keep track of what I’ve done. The only real obstacle I see here is the small size of the window. These days I have to keep the report open in a different tab when tinkering with PLEG.

Is it also possible to add a “PRINT” Button?

My Plegs have gotten so many conditions that I can’t read the entire page without scrolling.
In fact it’s become a real mess and needs cleaning up.
Having a comments or remarks section or the ability to add remarks in line
IE “rem front sensor fires before rear sensor”
(Frontsensor;Rearsensor)
would be a real bonus.

Having a hard copy to refer to would also aid debugging after changes have been made.

[quote=“zedrally, post:3, topic:180577”]Is it also possible to add a “PRINT” Button?

My Plegs have gotten so many conditions that I can’t read the entire page without scrolling.
In fact it’s become a real mess and needs cleaning up.
Having a comments or remarks section or the ability to add remarks in line
IE “rem front sensor fires before rear sensor”
(Frontsensor;Rearsensor)
would be a real bonus.

Having a hard copy to refer to would also aid debugging after changes have been made.[/quote]

Just run a Report and/or Status and print the page that pops up… works fine. Or what what I do, and use Firefox - save the source as HTML and then you can do whatever you want with it. I save them for reference, posting here for help, etc.

Thanks, but I can only print part of the page, I’d like the entire page.

limitation of your browser, your print settings, etc… not PLEG

FFS, I understand that.

Hence the request for a Print.

I use other programs that generate reports, these have a Print feature.
All I asked if it was possible to incorporate, not get a lecture on using other browsers.

if what I gave was a lecture, I sure hope you don’t work for someone, are not married, etc… you are in for a huge surprise. ;D

I was simply trying to point out, a Print button in Vera is not going to fix your problem printing - it will only invoke the built-in print function for the browser you are using. Richard already provided “generated reports” … hidden under the buttons “Report” and “Status” – if you want a print button on those so it will invoke the browser’s print functin, then I suggest starting a thread asking for that feature. This thread is for a different feature request

The report is a Client (i.e. Browser) generated report.

Their are limitations for client generated windows because of browser security restrictions.

So I would have to move the logic to generate the report back to Vera (JavaScript code to LUA code) and let it host the report.
Then Print would work. I may do that at some time in the future.
But I was able to leverage much of the UI functions to generate the report …
I would need to write much more code for this on the Vera side.

Richard,

If we could just add commons to a condition, for example

ThisIsTrue = IsNight AND ImTired AND IWannaSleep //Note Note Note Note

would be immensely helpful

[quote=“Bulldoglowell, post:10, topic:180577”]Richard,

would be immensely helpful[/quote]

I think a separate column like we have with Inputs would be easier to read / print / etc

[quote=“Aaron, post:11, topic:180577”][quote=“Bulldoglowell, post:10, topic:180577”]Richard,

would be immensely helpful[/quote]

I think a separate column like we have with Inputs would be easier to read / print / etc[/quote]

Yes. Given the small popup window for the PL devices. But liberal use of the report can greatly relieve this issue.

I think that something like this is a great idea. You got my support!

looks like 6.7 release will have this… Richard I know I can be a PITA but if I ever get back to the Austin area, beers/wine/food/etc, on me brother! You rock!