Failure when trying to install Eventwatcher

Why do I get a red “Failure-message” when I try to install Eventwatcher and other apps in the Alternate Store?
I tried an other plugin that for some reason worked to install from the Alternate Store…

You have the AltAppStore plugin installed itself?

This is on Vera or openLuup ?

I have not installed AltAppStore plugin. I just opened the AltAppStore from the AltUI menu.
I cant find AltAppStore in Vera Store?
Is it any way to easy install it for a noobie?

OK, that’s the problem. There’s a bit of a catch22 situation here… AltAppStore can update itself from the AltAppStore, but it needs to be installed already on a Vera (on openLuup it’s part of the original install.)

This means that you have to install the first time manually. How noobie is noobie in terms of Linux skills?

Basic approach is:

[ol][li]download install files from GitHub: https://github.com/akbooer/AltAppStore[/li]
[li]transfer to Vera[/li]
[li]manually create plugin[/li][/ol]

Do you know how to ssh in to your Vera?

Can I use WinSCP or Putty?
I have login in with Putty now.
If I need to use Putty, can you send me the commands?

[quote=“paros, post:5, topic:194403”]Can I use WinSCP or Putty?
If I need to use Putty, can you send me the commands?[/quote]

Update: I have now managed to transfer the files using WINSCP :slight_smile:

[quote=“paros, post:6, topic:194403”][quote=“paros, post:5, topic:194403”]Can I use WinSCP or Putty?
If I need to use Putty, can you send me the commands?[/quote]

Update: I have now managed to transfer the files using WINSCP :)[/quote]
New update: I now think that I magaged to install Alternate Store.
I then installed Eventwatcher via Alternate Store and get the following error: “EventWatcher[834] : Startup Lua Failed”
I also installed “Alternate App Store” via Alternate Store but I dont understand the use of it?
If I open the Alternate App Store in Vera UI I can go in to Control and find the following information: “2016.06.24icon by icons8”
What is the use of the icon in the device list in Vera (I can open the Alternate App Store in ALTUI)?

[quote=“paros, post:7, topic:194403”]Update: I have now managed to transfer the files using WINSCP :slight_smile:
New update: I now think that I magaged to install Alternate Store.[/quote]

OK, that’s great. You were just too quick, since, inspired by your plight, I have now written a script to run in Lua Test which will download and install AltAppStore under UI5 or UI7!

I then installed Eventwatcher via Alternate Store and get the following error: "EventWatcher[834] : Startup Lua Failed"

Sorry to hear… don’t know, offhand, why that would be. Have you reloaded? Let’s deal with that on the EventWatcher sub forum.

I also installed "Alternate App Store" via Alternate Store but I dont understand the use of it?

That shouldn’t have done anything since you had already installed it manually. You don’t use it directly at all, it’s a helper plugin for AltUI and actually handles the installs. An updated version I’m just about to publish should actually show download progress and it transfers new installs.

If I open the Alternate App Store in Vera UI I can go in to Control and find the following information: "2016.06.24icon by icons8" What is the use of the icon in the device list in Vera (I can open the Alternate App Store in ALTUI)?

The control panel just displays the plugin version. The icon is there because that’s the plugin’s icon. It doesn’t do anything. AltUI is your interface to everything - you can’t access the AltAppStore without AltUI.

Hi

I am also having issues getting up and running with AltUI and the AltApp store. Using a VeraEdge UI7 box.

I ran the lua script to install the AltAppStore plugin (downloaded from GitHub - akbooer/AltAppStore: Altui App Store plugin for Vera). In Vera under My Apps I do not see an AltAppStore plugin entry, but the files for it are present on the system.

I tried to install some plugins from the AltAppStore, by clicking on the Alt download button they say success, but the plugins do not appear as installed in the Vera My Apps area. And when looking in the AltUI plugins area they look like the attached screen shot, which doesn’t look right.

How to fix this ?

Thank you

It looks like messing about with it I now have multiple plugins for the AltAppStore see screen shot.

Also the OPEN button in the AltUI plugin seems to be broken ?

It opens this URL:

http://VERA-IP/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home

Which results in: 404 Not Found.

I had to manually correct the URL:

http://VERA-IP/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home

Thanks

I deleted the other instances of the AltAppStore plugin.

Now when I tried to download the Harmony plugin via the AltAppStore using the ALT download button, it has installed the Harmony plugin device OK.

Well I can see it listed under Devices in the Vera UI7 GUI etc. However if I go in to My Apps area in the Vera GUI its not listed there as an installed plugin and cannot be seen.

Is this expected behaviour ?

But looking in the AltUI - Plugins area it now looks like the attached screenshot, which still doesn’t look right ?

Also when installing plugins via the AltAppStore using this method, how would you go about creating another instance of the Harmony plugin device? Say if you have more than one Harmony hub.

Normally in the regular Vera GUI you would go to My Apps click on Details of the plugin and then press the Create Device button, to create a second instance of that plugin device.

EDIT: The Weather Wunderground plugin you can see on the same screenshot I installed via the normal Vera - Install Apps area.

[quote=“cw-kid, post:12, topic:194403”]…if I go in to My Apps area in the Vera GUI its not listed there as an installed plugin and cannot be seen.

Is this expected behaviour ? [/quote]

Depends which button you pressed when downloading from the App store:

[ul][li]Vera button - it should invoke a regular MiOS App install from thier repository, so the Plugins page should show it[/li]
[li]ALT button - it downloads from a GitHub repository, and Vera can’t represent that as a regular plugin. [/li][/ul]

But looking in the AltUI - Plugins area it now looks like the attached screenshot, which still doesn't look right ?

So this would tend to indicate that you used the ALT button, which should still work, but, indeed, it looks like this and you have to manualy delete all files relating to the earlier Vera plugin if you had one. This button is mainly for openLuup and plugins which are not in the MiOS store.

Also when installing plugins via the AltAppStore using this method, how would you go about creating another instance of the Harmony plugin device? Say if you have more than one Harmony hub.

Normally in the regular Vera GUI you would go to My Apps click on Details of the plugin and then press the Create Device button, to create a second instance of that plugin device.

Several ways:

[ul][li]use the ‘+’ button on the AltUI devices page and specify the appropriate name, device and implementation .xml files[/li]
[li]use the CreatePlugin or CreateDevice HTTP requests defined here: Variables_and_Actions: HomeAutomationGateway1[/li][/ul]

Hi

Yes I did use the ALT button. So if its in the regular Mios app store I should either install the plugin as normal in the Vera GUI or use the Vera button in the AltAppStore.

And yes I did manually delete some plugin files off the unit as I had tried to install the same one a few times and ended up with duplicates.

Thanks

Yes.

And yes I did manually delete some plugin files off the unit as I had tried to install the same one a few times and ended up with duplicates.

It’s quite important that you get them all. Quite why this is, I don’t know!