Failed to retrieve camera records - why?

I’m trying to record some video sequences using my cameras, but trying to view these records only returns “Failed to retrieve camera records”. No clue to why.

Are there some settings lacking?

Hi sorry, I cant help but I have the same issue on one of my 2 dlink camera. The live image is OK but whenever I want to see a recorded image, i see “Failed to retrieve camera records” too.

Where are you saving them too?

I don’t know. That’s why I asked if there are some settings lacking.

I don’t know. That’s why I asked if there are some settings lacking.[/quote]

VERA is not a DVR or camera recorder. It’s barely good enough to see a live image. Slow to refresh, delayed and doesn’t have a hard drive or storage space to save live video. How much are you trying to save?

I do understand that Vera is not a DVR. I did set up a simple security scene that was to record a 20 s video when a door/window sensor was tripped.

I do understand that Vera is not a DVR. I did set up a simple security scene that was to record a 20 s video when a door/window sensor was tripped.[/quote]

Hmmm 20sec should be fine saving to vera servers. I think they cap at a few hundred secs depending on quality. Do you have the same problem with still Images? If so is the camera supported?

It’s a dLink DCS-932. Sadly, I get the same result with still images.

FWIW, I can get my VeraLite to capture stills OK but not 20secs of video. Well, to be clear, it generates what looks like a still from a video but when I click on it, it won’t play. I just see the same still.

Are there specific resolution etc requirements which must be met in order to achieve this?

What camera driver are you using for the DLink? I have the 930 and a similar issue under UI5 where it uses the Foscam driver (DirectStreamingURL = /videostream.cgi). Under UI7 it works but I have it using the BlueIris driver/plugin there. This may be an issue with the camera support in the driver not properly doing video.

I have the same problem with my D-Link DCS-930L. I can take snapshots and record video without error messages, but can’t retrieve any images: “No records for this camera”