Ezlo controllers Beta enrollment starts now

I’m in the US, but haven’t even received indication that anything is in transit (other than the above statement that they were at the US warehouse or whatever). Oh well!

1 Like

Oh it wil come soon…if you’re lucky even within 40 days !

3 Likes

Mine came to “tullen” on the 2 juli…So maybe some day ity will come :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine arrived to customs “tullen” yesterday so I hope it will arrive shortly. Have you received yours?

My Atom V2 arrived yesterday. Curious about the PlugHub, as I don’t recall hearing much about that one?

Yes got it 2 days ago…

1 Like

Hi

Are the EU Ezlo Plus with enclosures shipping yet for those that originally signed up for the beta?

Thank you.

Same question from me

I was told “Yes, we are currently working on preparing these.”

I’m still curious as to what happened to the PlugHubs that were supposedly a part of this test :slight_smile: From what I can tell, there isn’t even a discussion forum for them…

I never understood the concept of a hub in a plug and they have no proper 3 pin UK plug anyways.

its for the people who want to buy a “smart plug” as their first entry. If it comes with a hub in it, then makes live easy for them.

The world I envision, hub functionality will be embedded in many devices.

2 Likes

Exactly. To make a smart home system using zwave, you need two things: 1) a controller, and 2) devices to control. It is not at all unlikely that at least one of the devices you want to control is a plug. By getting the plug hub, you get BOTH, in a single device, at a good price. What’s not to like? Fewer physical components, lower cost - seems like a win-win, unless you don’t need/want any controlled outlets in your system…

3 Likes

I received the Plug Hub today.

I thought I was receiving an Atom V2.

Issues I’m noticing:
No Ethernet, Really sad…
I have always powered my hubs with POE mainly because I have no outlet close to the secure location where it stays. Guess I have to rethink where I’m going to home it for testing.

Only supports the light switches in my network according to the default device listings, will not find the thermostat (honeywell), I’m afraid to move my deadbolts, haven’t tried and they’re not listed (kwikset)

I’m guessing integration with EVL3/4 is not on the horizon?

No web interface, I must use a tablet or phone to access the control interface. Ugh…

I’m not sure what I can do besides invest in new peripherals/devices for my zwave/zigbee network.

Anyone else get a plug hub yet?

Sorry for the load of complaints but I’m shocked.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t powering a PlugHub via PoE, and having it in a secure location kind of defeat the purpose of having an outlet built in to the hub? The whole point of it is for the hub to serve double-duty as a controlled outlet, thereby saving you the expense of buying a separate device (as well as reducing the number of devices you need by one), so it would only make sense to put it somewhere you could plug it in, and where you could make use of a controlled outlet… right?

I would really like to know the answer to this as well. The vast majority of my automation depends on the integration, making it very hard to utilize these devices as-is.

+1000 VERY much agreed

Dito, though I have the Atom, not the PlugHub - not that that makes any difference.

3 Likes

Yes, I was told I would get an Atom but, I believe the demand for testing is high and the product manufacturing is having trouble because of the pandemic. I currently have no ZWave Plugs and personally, I don’t want any. It was what was sent, not what I requested to test.

Plug hub was actually imo a minor stroke of genius. Mains powered, wall mounted, and allowed to be a little chunky for decent shaped antennas.

The only downside is many smartplugs are behind signal-dampening furniture or electronics. Given that, I would put an optional external antenna on it to increase gain or sell it paired with another smartplug.

What I would give for a Zwave MIMO antenna system…

1 Like

you raise a fair point.

Hi @melih
does this allow more than five bounces in zwave?

bounce?
pls expand.

1 Like