Eyez-On EVL4 Multiple Zone Trip Issue

Every time I open a window or door, vera triggers multiple alarm sensors fire alarm, co detector and motion sensors, not all trigger but the same ones always do. I cant figure this out.

I would like only the devise that triggers to trigger in vera. My EVL and alarm panel are working normally so that is not the problem.

Also, I uninstalled the plug in and reinstalled and retested with only 2 sensors and had the same issue. The Fire zone was tripped when I opened a door. In addition, the Honeywell alarm panel and the EVL4 are all reporting 100% correctly in their own portals and no issue there.

For example, when I trip the window sensor “29 Door Attic”, the following sensors also trip, which should not happen:
01 Fire
02 Motion Sunroom
06 Motion Family
04 CO Detector
05 CO Detector
09 Heat Det Gar Att
10 Heat Det Gar Sun
11 Sm Heat Det Gar

But the other 20 some zones are normal and don’t trip unless I intentionally trip them.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Thanks!

I have this same problem also…did you find a solution?

not sure what’s wrong. No solution yet!!

Here’s my setup:

Vera Plus
Honeywell Vista 20P, 37 zones mix of wired and wireless
EVL3 board

For a while (and maybe since installing), I’ve noticed that whenever zones above 32 were tripping, this would cause zones 1-? to also trip as well. For example when I opened an upstairs window, not only would this zone trip, but also cause the fire, front door, back door, etc. to also report tripped.

After a little tinkering with the LUA file in debug mode, I think I’ve solved this issue. I believe it had to deal with parsing the incoming hex code on the Zone State Change (%01) data stream.

My solution

In the processIncoming function
-Break the data into 2x numbers (mZoneData)
–“local mZoneData1 = tonumber(data:sub(11,12)…data:sub(9,10)…data:sub(7,8)…data:sub(5,6),16)”
–“local mZoneData2 = tonumber(data:sub(19,20)…data:sub(17,18)…data:sub(15,16)…data:sub(13,14),16)”
–This split the readings into zones 1-32 and 33-64. I’m not sure if this step was necessary however I did to help me debug and I just kept as is

-Amend the for loop
–Change from 1-64 to 1-32
–Change mZoneData reference to mZoneData1

-Create 2nd for loop from 33-64, put in below the above for loop
–Duplicate above for loop replacing with mZoneData2
–Change the zone reference in the If statement to “bit.band(mZoneData2, math.pow(2,((zone - 32) - 1)) )”

In the bit_band function
-Change for loop from 1-16 to 1-32 (maybe just changing this to 64 would solve everything but I had already made the changes above and didn’t want to re-break it)

For me, this seemed to isolate the zones in the ranges above 32. There?s probably a more elegant solution but I am not an expert at this stuff.

Good luck.