Everspring HSM02 - Anyone use a rechargeable CR2450?

I have tried with lots of effort to make sure variables such as poll time, wakeup time, and manual routing directly to the Vera controller were in place because of the horrendous battery life on this sensor.

The website says 3 years and I get 3 weeks if lucky. For the manual route I did I can assure you the device is close enough.

So I cam across this: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10319

I noticed that it says 3.6V whereas the standard Engergizer/Panasonic’s are 3V. Has anyone used this in their Everspring HMS02? Any feedback would be appreciated.

[quote=“tomtcom, post:1, topic:187735”]I have tried with lots of effort to make sure variables such as poll time, wakeup time, and manual routing directly to the Vera controller were in place because of the horrendous battery life on this sensor.

The website says 3 years and I get 3 weeks if lucky. For the manual route I did I can assure you the device is close enough.

So I cam across this: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10319

I noticed that it says 3.6V whereas the standard Engergizer/Panasonic’s are 3V. Has anyone used this in their Everspring HMS02? Any feedback would be appreciated.[/quote]

Replying to myself but I purchased this from Amazon:HQRP Two LIR2450 / LIR 2450 (CR2450) Li-Ion Rechargeable Coin Batteries and Battery Charger plus Euro Plug Adapter

I installed the batteries today. Hope they work better. If they don’t at least I can save another $8 every 13 days. :slight_smile:

I am interested too. Let us know how they work. I have one sensor in particular which chews on these batteries but only recently… Not sure of the reason.

The batteries lasted 3 days. I didn’t charge them when I got them since the sensor said 100%. They are charging right now and I’ll post back after a full charge.

I have tried changing wake and poll times after each charge to get a longer battery life. I’m averaging 3-4 days and that is it. Not sure what else to say. I think the sensor is crap.

Hmm not too encouraging. I have 9 of these and only one of them sucks battery like crazy. I am having to replace them every other week. Some of the others still have the original batteries for well over 1 year. I guess the rechargeable are not a good alternative either.

Well I’m still not sure. I have played with the settings. I think tonight I’m going to exclude the device and include it to get it back to factory settings and see what the result is.

When I had the sensor in a different spot a while ago I swore over a couple months so maybe that is what I need to do for it.

I’ll post back again.

Well I’m still not sure. I have played with the settings. I think tonight I’m going to exclude the device and include it to get it back to factory settings and see what the result is.

When I had the sensor in a different spot a while ago I swore over a couple months so maybe that is what I need to do for it.

I’ll post back again.[/quote]

Still not working any better. I give up. Don’t buy the batteries, buy a new sensor. :slight_smile: