EventWatcher: Is there a way to include a device?

I can only suggest that this is a Vera issue, rather than an [tt]EventWatcher[/tt] one. Perhaps a support ticket is in order?

I have the ExtraVariables setup and working just fine for my home thermostat (thanks again for your help there), but I tried setting up watt and KWh reporting for the aeon labs smart switches(the values are in the UI) by doing the following :

29.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1.CurrentTemperature 29.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat.CurrentSetpoint 29.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1.ModeStatus 29.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HVAC_OperatingState1.ModeState 22.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:BinaryLight1.Watts 22.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:BinaryLight1.KWH ~

the device_type is this :

urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1

and device22 is already in the list of devices and reports the status correctly :

61	2015-03-27, 11:21:48.246	X	22	Humidifier	Status	0

just want to capture the Watts and KWh used, too.

thanks again for all your help.

I answered my own question !

29.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1.CurrentTemperature 29.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat.CurrentSetpoint 29.urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1.ModeStatus 29.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HVAC_OperatingState1.ModeState 22.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1.Watts 22.urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1.KWH

and it works, too!

for future reference, for those interested in being self-sufficient, the way to get to the data is to ssh to your vera box, then run the following :

grep 'device: 22' /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log | grep Watt | tail -1

you just need to use the correct device ID, and here’s the answer you get :

06      03/27/15 11:31:44.685   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 22 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1 variable: Watts was: 114 now: 64 #hooks: 1 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:0xb23418/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2bc8a680>

and to take it one step further, if you want to know what variables a device logs to, run the following :

grep 'device: 22' /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log | awk '{print $8}' | sort -u

awk ‘{print $8}’ prints the 8th value in the line
sort -u sorts and returns unique values

so device 22, the aeon smart switch reported :

urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1 urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1 urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1 urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1

now, obviously the bigger your log file, the more accurate the list will be, but you get the idea.

hopefully, this helps one person one day. :slight_smile: