Events and Timers don't always work - finicky

Wow…updated to the 1.0456 and the timers are even worse then before. My living room lamps just came on and they were set for sunset. Sunset is not for another 2 hours!

When setting an event such as a device is turned on or off. If you select the on state vera will always default to off. I have tried deleting the event several times. but it always reverts to off. Here is what I want it to do: The closet light goes on it should trigger an event that will shut it off after 10 minutes.

This was a bug. We fixed it over the weekend. It works now.

Micasaverde, could you update us on this - are the secondary timers reliable now?

Yes, this was fixed. This should be working fine with the 426 release.

timers are even worse then before.

I’m working with wseverino on adding support for the scene controllers and will look into it. BTW, with this new feature added today, even with the old Intermatic handheld remotes, you can now assign scene buttons on the remote to scenes in Vera, so, for example, pushing a button on the intermatic remote can run a scene that turns off the thermostat.

I have three scenes defined, and only one of them works.

The first (Evening), turns on a set of lights at sunset. This one works.
The second (Night), changes the brightness of the lights at 1am. This does not work.
The third (Morning), turns off the lights. This does not work.

Since the first one works, I am guessing I have the location/time set correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

drzeller you can check your Current Date/Time in Advanced->Location.
Be sure that your devices can be controlled from Vera and try to manually execute the scene using the Go button from Scenes tab->Your scene.

The time is correct, and they correctly when triggered manually.

D.

Can you send us a trouble report and post here the received number!?

I sent a couple yesterday, but I have a problem with Vera never “ending” the support request. Aaron and I have conversed about this - perhaps you can check with him for what he said he saw received?

Thanks,
David

Last post in this thread was in 2008… Since “after 4 hours turn off” timer failed to work I stopped using them. Yesterday I tried again, thinking there’s no way it won’t work in 2010.
I setup a new scene with command to turn on On/Off switch, and after 7 hours turn it off. Late evening I clicked the scene button. Guess what? In a morning after about the module was still on.
Oh well… Going back to creating a separate scene with a separate timer and a separate Off command to turn this thing off in time…

#325xi, this is related…
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=2022.0

To me it means it should work even after restart - it’s serialized?..

Nope, read the post (and linked post) again it’s in memory

Strange, MCV promised to fix it yet in 2008…

Doing it with dual timer wouldn’t be a bid deal, but it requires an otherwise unnecessary extra scene