Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin

You might want to check out AutHomation. An app that I wrote for android. It supports alarm panels. I have not tested it with the Elk, but it should work. You can find it in the market or in the Remote Control Section of the forum:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8156.0.html

If you have Android 2.3 or older, you want AutHomation.

• Garrett

jwiz, you beat me to it. Glad it is working for you.

Thanks for the tip on AutHomation to control the Elk. That did the trick for me.

If you have any problems, let me know.

• Garrett

Hi Mcvflorin,

I just wanted say what great app you have created, but I just want to know what is the 8 best files to use with UI4 1.1.1350 on Vera 2?

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob,

The files from the 1.01 tag, which you can get directly from here: UI4 – Elk M1 Alarm Panel

Thanks for the quick reply, I have used these files and successfully to setup up my M1 via its ip address, but I have 2 problems;

1. The disarm trigger and notification does not trigger a scene or notifies me.
  2. There is an invalid pin warning, see screen shot (I notice this was covered earlier but I couldn’t see it was not resolved, more it was probably me not being able to find the answer!)

I have had these features working earlier in UI5 but I rolled it back to UI4 due to sluggish performance when scenes were triggered via the Ness M1 (Australian distributor of the ELK M1).

Thanks in advance.
Rob

1. Did you put Disarmed for the Armed state or Armed detailed state events?
  2. This means that either the PIN code is missing, has other characters than numbers, or the invalid PIN message has been received from the panel. Re-enter the PIN code, maybe you entered a wrong PIN code accidentally.

Hi Mcvflorin,

I definately have “disarmed” in armed detail state, but I just tried “No” to the answer for armed state and it work, then went back to disarm for armed detailed state and it stop working!

With the code, I have tried several codes in the system all arm and disarm the system but show the invalid pin code message.

Rob

Do you have a more unusual PIN code? By usual PIN code I refer to numeric pin codes, between 4 and 6 digits.

No its just a 4 digit pin, but I do have a Rosslare wiegand pin/prox reader on the system and my code also is mirrored in wiegand format. But I have tried other codes that do not get access from the Rosslare and still receive the error message. But in receiving the error message on Vera, it still arms and disarms the system perfectly.

Cheers Rob

I think I know why this happens. Does the panel status update correctly on the dashboard?

Yes the dashboard updates in real time but the popup box from where you enter the code does not.

Yeah, I know why this happens. I’ll add this fix on my TODO list.

What is the status of this plugin?
Last I heard, there were many things yet to be completed, such as control of the outputs, tasks and readouts of the temperature sensors. From what I understood, it was going to be an indefinite wait because of UI5 development.

I am really looking forward to using those features.

Thanks.

@mcvflorin

In message [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,6916.msg55727.html#msg55727]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,6916.msg55727.html#msg55727[/url] you mention the following: -

You're right about this. I do give the user the option to specify which sensors are door sensors and which are smoke sensors.

Can you specify how this is done, do we need to change the device files in the actual device or is it some other method.

Thanks

Zoot

In the panel device Advanced tab there should be two variables, DoorSensors and SmokeSensors. Add the zone numbers separated by a comma (e.g. if zones 5, 12 and 13 are door sensors, add them in the DoorSensors variable like this: 5,12,13).

@mcvflorin

Thanks, I know it is a minor thing but now I can tell the difference at a glance.

Is there any plan to have this done automatically for the ELK M1?

Thanks

I wanted to do this automatically when I made the plugin, but I reached the conclusion that I couldn’t do it based on the zone definition alone. This is the list of the zone definitions as reported by the panel. As you can see, there isn’t an obvious mapping between these zone definitions and the MiOS security sensor types. So I decided that instead of doing guesswork on what would be best, I better let the user specify what type are the zones.

[ul][li]Disabled[/li]
[li]Burglar Entry/Exit 1[/li]
[li]Burglar Entry/Exit 2[/li]
[li]Burglar Perimeter Instant[/li]
[li]Burglar Interior[/li]
[li]Burglar Interior Follower[/li]
[li]Burglar Interior Night[/li]
[li]Burglar Interior Night Delay[/li]
[li]Burglar 24 Hour[/li]
[li]Burglar Box Tamper[/li]
[li]Fire Alarm[/li]
[li]Fire Verified[/li]
[li]Fire Supervisory[/li]
[li]Aux Alarm 1[/li]
[li]Aux Alarm 2[/li]
[li]Keyfob[/li]
[li]Non Alarm[/li]
[li]Carbon Monoxide[/li]
[li]Emergency Alarm[/li]
[li]Freeze Alarm[/li]
[li]Gas Alarm[/li]
[li]Heat Alarm[/li]
[li]Medical Alarm[/li]
[li]Police Alarm[/li]
[li]Police No Indication[/li]
[li]Water Alarm[/li]
[li]Key Momentary Arm / Disarm[/li]
[li]Key Momentary Arm Away[/li]
[li]Key Momentary Arm Stay[/li]
[li]Key Momentary Disarm[/li]
[li]Key On/Off[/li]
[li]Mute Audibles[/li]
[li]Power Supervisory[/li]
[li]Temperature[/li]
[li]Analog Zone[/li]
[li]Phone Key[/li]
[li]Intercom Key[/li][/ul]

Hi,
Are DoorSensors and SmokeSensors the only two options?
The Elk can use a great deal of sensors, including temperature sensors, water (leak) sensors, etc. many of which I own and use frequently.

Thanks.

Hi Quixote,

Currently yes, I used only sensors of type SecuritySensor. I will add support for temperature sensors and waterleak sensors in the next plugin version.