Elk M1 (and M1 M1EZ8) Alarm Panel Plugin

I’m an optimist… Funnily enough I didn’t even check IPv6 on Vera, it’s just that it was on my mind as we have to code to it @work, so I’m on autopilot…

Fortunately*, Vera’s version of OpenWrt doesn’t even have IPv6 compiled in, so supporting IPv6 in a plugin is kind of moot.

• Warning: may contain sarcasm.[/quote]

Hi,
Can we get an update on your work-load and another estimation of when you might get to look at this again?

Thanks!

My plan is to work on the new features next week. Hopefully I will be able to stick to it.

Awesome. I think I can speak for us all when I say that we appreciate your hard work!

I just received my Vera2 a couple days ago and I have my Elk M1gold interfaced via M1XEP. I have 2 questions on the Elk plugin, I know its still in beta which maybe the issues I am running into.

1. When arming or disarming with UI4 or controlling via scenes it shows Invalid PIN code on UI4 but system arms and disarms like it should.

2. I am also running home buddy on my android and is there a way to have the partition show up so the alarm can be armed or disarmed like the UI4 interface. The zones show up and nothing else.

Thanks
John

1. I think I know why this happens. This is an easy fix, and will be present in the next version.
  2. The partitions are created the same way as the zones, so I don’t know why this happens. Can you get the user_data with http://<Vera_IP>:3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml and send it to me at florin@my.mios.com?

I think I found the cause for the second issue. Try removing the ‘*’ (or giving it a simple name like partition_1, just to test this theory) from the device name and let me know if this fixes anything.

Just to update, I have not been able to test with a new partition name yet. When I changed the name and went to save the changes my Vera2 locked up and I cant get it reset. I have all lights on steady except ETH1 and ZWave. I have had no luck resetting it and I dont even get a network link out of either ethernet port. Talked to Tech support on the 13th and they requested me to put a request in online. Just waiting to hear back from.

I am excited about this plugin. A couple of questions:

• Will it have the ability to take events from the ELK and act on them? (e.g. motion sensor trips, door sensors, etc)
  • Will it have the ability to turn outputs on and off?
  • Will it have the ability to execute tasks?
  • Will it have the ability to pull the status of outputs and inputs?

I love my ELK, but the automation programming stuff is very limited. If I could do it on Vera, this would make my life much easier.

One of my main gripes is that when the ELK sends an email/SMS, there is no way for it to put the name or ID of the violated zone in the email. I can just have a generic message that the alarm is tripped.

Currently it can do only basic stuff like arming/disarming a partition and bypassing/unbypassing a zone. Some of the things you asked about have been requested by users and are on my TODO list. Unfortunately I didn’t have much time to work on the new features, but they will be added eventually.

I received my replacement Vera 2 and set it back. I changed the partition name to my last name with no special characters. I am still getting the same results. The zones show in home buddy but the partition does not. As of right now the only way I can control the partition in home buddy is setting up different scenes to control the partition.

Try this Json file and let me know if it works.

1. Upload the file on Vera.
  2. Check Restart Luup after upload.

Still no luck with the new file. If it helps I tried the AutHomation App by garrettwp and it shows the partition with a question mark icon and there is no function to the partition.

Hello I am considering Vera 2 for home automation needs replacing the automation features of my ELK M1 GOLD. Just a couple of questions about the security functions.

Can Vera 2 notify my via Text AND Email of specific events, IE zone 1 trigger, CO alarm Trigger etc?

Can Vera 2 remotly disarm alarm with a scene, IE child returning home so unlock door, disable alarm, reduce thermostat turn on lights and outlets in certain rooms?

Can Vera 2 send a photo from IP enabled camera upon an event, IE someone ringing doorbell, kinda like the ADT pulse system sends you a photo upon an event like your child disarming the alarm.

Can Vera 2 use the motion sensors from my elk to control lighting, such as turning lights on and off as people pass through?

Also how does the system connect to the ELK board since the board does not have Zwave, does it need to be in close promimity to connect via usb or can it be connected via cat5

I have 3 properties (which have ELK Security) I would love to offer this functionality too if its already enabled or will be enabled soon, please let me know when you have a chance.

Thanks

Yes.

Yes.

Possible with some scripting (this until the picture archiving functionality will be implemented).

Yes.

If it’s in close proximity you can connect it via USB, otherwise you can use the Elk M1XEP to connect it via Ethernet.

Do you have a new ETA for this plugin, or an estimation of when you will be able to return to it? I’m anxious to try it out with its enhanced functionality.

Hopefully as soon as all the UI5 pre-release tasks are done.

Is it possible to store a user code in vera so i dont have to leave a brower opened to control arm/bypass with home buddy

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Yes, it’s possible. There is a Store button under the PIN code input box.

The store button is what I have been using but when I do a refresh of UI4 or make changes and do a save I lose the code. This has also happened by just closing the browser out and when i go back i’ll receive Pin code required error until i put the code back in and hit store.