electric oven and stove prower monitoring

Hi

I have turned couple of times back home during my way to work, because I had a feeling that I did forged to turn the stove off. ;D

To make my life easier I have started to put my criticat electric devises behind zwave power plugs , fibaro power sockets mostly. The final idea is to implement some kind of “is home safe” type of automatic sequence before leaving home.

Can anyone advise how to work with stove and oven type on high voltage and power equipments?

I personally feel that you shoud only monitor the power consuption somehow in order to get the warning that the device is ON. Are there that kind of zwave device available?

If you start setting it ON and OFF remotely you might burn your house . :o

Thank you in advance.

[quote=“markoe, post:1, topic:191754”]Hi

I have turned couple of times back home during my way to work, because I had a feeling that I did forged to turn the stove off. ;D

To make my life easier I have started to put my criticat electric devises behind zwave power plugs , fibaro power sockets mostly. The final idea is to implement some kind of “is home safe” type of automatic sequence before leaving home.

Can anyone advise how to work with stove and oven type on high voltage and power equipments?

I personally feel that you shoud only monitor the power consuption somehow in order to get the warning that the device is ON. Are there that kind of zwave device available?

If you start setting it ON and OFF remotely you might burn your house . :o

Thank you in advance.[/quote]

I think your best option for such high amps would be to use an amp clamp style.
http://aeotec.com/z-wave-home-energy-measure

Since an electric stove should have its own separate 40 amp breaker you can clamp one around the power wire coming out of the breaker in the fuse box. The 2nd clamp will allow you to monitor something else or whole house. They have 2 generations and I don’t own either so you’ll have to do your own research. I’m sure there is a reason why but the first gen is super cheap like 25.00 and the 2nd gen is almost 100.00

1st Gen

2nd Gen

Again I don’t own or use either so check on how accurate or well they work before buying.

Thanks for your reply. I share your idea that the best way is to get the power reading and not to mess with controling on/off state, those are 10 Kw devices !

I notice that there is a wiki page for those Aeotec devices http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Aeon_HomeEnergyMonitor