Eco Plugs

Thanks @Jim. I will try. In your system is it working from scenes as well ?

Yes, but it only works with scenes when I use the old version and not the new plugin. I’m just using the plugin to enumerate the switches. I don’t click any of the ‘add’ buttons.

Thanks Jim. Appreciated.

Shucks. I just broke my scenes. I used the new plugin to find the new address this spring (when I connected my outdoor ECO plug for the season). Everything was fine until it stopped communicating today so I thought I would just reinstall the device with the plugin. Then I came back to this thread and saw Jim’s instructions and tried re-doing it the “old” way. But I can’t seem to get that to work now. Anybody find a different solution to get the ECO plugs to play nicely with scenes?

I dont know who is managing this plug in. This piece of item is important, cheap and works well. Wish, If some one can get this plug in to work on to its full functions.

If you go back a few posts to Reply #59, I give instructions on how I have setup my plugs manually using the information supplied by the plugin. I currently have 4 ECO plugs and they are all working without issue.
If this doesn’t work for you, please post what specifically is going wrong and I will try to help. The original author appears to be indisposed at this time.

Thanks @Jim McGhee. I have followed your reply #59 and got all the devices. ( I had to do this periodically to ensure all are there). They are not working as part of any scene. May be I am doing something wrong. Will follow once again and try. Thanks for the response once again.

Did you get it working?
In my experience, if a plug is not responding to scenes, it’s using the new files instead of the old files.

The “Eco Switch” plug in states that it works with TP-Link plugs as well. Is this what this program refers to? If so, is there a different altid I should be using? When I install the plugin I just get a “startup lua failed” message. I can get my IP and MAC info from my router. Thanks for any assistance.

The newest version of the plugin (now called “Wifi UDP Switch Controller”) is 1.9 and supports ECO Switches, TPLINK switches and some model of SENGLED light bulb. :slight_smile:

The only problem is it fails to start on my system. :cry:

I’ve tweaked the code a bit and kludged it into working on my system and if there is any interest and its OK with cybrmage I would consider posting it here for folks to try. :slight_smile:

So, let me know if anyone wants to try this.

The new version of Wifi UDP Switch Controller does support ECO Switch, TPLINK Switch, TPLINK LB100(US) and LB120(US) bulbs.
Don’t have any SENGLED bulbs to test.
These are all installed and seem to be working fine on my Vera Plus. but it only works with the changes I have made to the files.

I will consider posting my changes if there is any interest but I would prefer for cybrmage to bless them first. Unfortunately, he hasn’t been heard from since July 21, 2017.

CYBRMAGE is back!!! :smiley:
With version 1.30!!!

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,50722.0.html