Early Beta - Local Access Phase 1

Hello! I wanted to see if this was rolled out to the Atom at this point. I can’t seem to get my app to connect to it any way other than via the cloud. Thanks!

Hi @jl8813
Local access should be available in your Atom (if you bought it on Amazon). You might see your Atom connected through the Cloud being in the local network in case you have WiFi extenders at your home. Cause extenders might affect local connection functionality.
Could you give me your Atom’s serial number? I’ll check HW version of your Atom.

Hi Max,

Yes, I did order it on Amazon. I just added the serial to my community profile - if you aren’t able to see that, I can PM you. Thanks for checking!

No extender, but multiple access points on a single, flat subnet. If you confirm it should work, I’ll give it another test.

Thanks again!

@Max Were you able to retrieve my serial number from my profile to check? My Amazon return window is about to close and if it doesn’t support local control, I want to send it back.

Hello @jl8813
Sorry for the delay in replying to you. Multiple access points might affect the local mode. Could you experiment with a single access point? If your controller’s serial number format is like this 76****** , it should support local mode.

Hi @Max

It starts with 700…*

So does that mean it won’t support local mode?

Thanks!

Hello @jl8813
We’ve checked the version of your Atom. This is Atom revision 1 which, unfortunately, doesn’t support local mode due to hardware specifics.

Thanks @Max . That’s disappointing. The difference in hardware versions isn’t mentioned on the ezlo product page.

Hello @jl8813
I’m contacting you in PM. We can offer a solution for you.

1 Like

Thanks @Max reaching out and providing some awesome support!

1 Like