DSC Alarm System plugin

[quote=“computerjohn, post:129, topic:167215”]Also heads up. For all you Android users. I downloaded Dolphin Browser HD tonight & it works with Vera very nicely. It formats the page view for easy scrolling (no need to move left & right), real-time status on modules (states when transmitting), & you can remote arm & disarm your alarm… Just thought I’d pass this along to everyone. This will work for remote alarm access for now, until Home Buddy & others can make it possible with their apps. BTW, you can also edit your scenes & modules. ;D[/quote]You can also create a scene to arm and disarm which should show up in the smartphone interface.

Really… I must try this… ;D Thanks for the heads up!

Off subject,

Can anyone tell me HOW THE HECK, can a stop this darn forum from scrolling to the top of the message window while posting a message? For example, while posting a message that is longer than the window body, it will scroll to the top & I’m typing blind. I scroll down in that window & it goes right back to the top. I have checked setting & nothing. Any ideas???

Hey strangely here’s an odd one.

I have named my Zones twice (i thought perhaps I didn’t click save the first time). I logged into my Vera & my names that I manually entered are gone again & each zone is back at Zone 01, Zone 02, etc… Any ideas on why this keeps on happening??

If it was the panel, wouldn’t it just name each zone with the custom programming that I have in that panel (Front Door, basement, etc…)?

Its renaming the devices with the ones stored on the Panel itself. Before I programmed mine with DSC DLS software, I noticed by default that they were already listed as Zone 01 Zone 02 etc on the programming template I downloaded from my panel.

I think that the labels you have are only held on the Keypads, and they don’t get stored on the panel once programmed; the ones on the panel are the ones the IT100 uses!

You can try a label broadcast from the keypad it was programmed from, but I have no idea if this broadcast is also stored on the panel.

Label broadcast:
*8[Installer code]998

The actual way to connect Vera to DSC is by using IT-100 and WIZ110SR.
I was under impression that the TL150 could replace both, but someone mentioned that the TL150 would be unable to provide to Vera the individual states of the sensors (Zone).

Could someone clarify if there is something new on this since the upper quote was published (in October)?

Thanks

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=5996.msg35717#msg35717
DSC vs GE considerations.

@computerjohn, @TimAlls, and anyone else that may have installed the previous versions:

@guessed has updated the plug-in as part of the V2 standardization. It would be good if you could all update to the latest version and provide some feedback.

I’ve been using it for 2 or 3 weeks and it works great for me!

Setup (still needs some work) and files contained here:

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel

I will definitely give it a try. We have a few more days before the wiring is complete but I will give you some feedback when we bring it online.
Thanks
Tim

Have you tried it with the .1234 firmware?

Yep, for about a week.

Ok good…I want to be on the same firmware!
I will push forward with wiring on Monday and bring it online…shouldn’t take long. I will have some feedback monday night.
Regards
Tim

Hi all,
Thanks for all the info posted. Its been a big help getting going.
I’ve got my dsc zones and vera working together but, when I enter any number in for the smoke sensors (I have 2) the server busy message comes up, opening i/o comes up, and this repeats over and over. I assume its searching for the smoke sensors and can’t find them.

I asked the alarm guy about the smoke sensors hook up and he said ‘Smoke detectors are not part of the zone configuration. They are connected to the AUX + and to the PGM2 terminals. They, by code, are armed all of the time. You cannot arm/disarm smoke detectors, so they work 24/7.’

So… how do I get the smoke sensors integrated/recognized?
Thanks!

[quote=“rws, post:141, topic:167215”]Hi all,
I’ve got my dsc zones and vera working together but, when I enter any number in for the smoke sensors (I have 2) the server busy message comes up, opening i/o comes up, and this repeats over and over. I assume its searching for the smoke sensors and can’t find them.

I asked the alarm guy about the smoke sensors hook up and he said ‘Smoke detectors are not part of the zone configuration. They are connected to the AUX + and to the PGM2 terminals. They, by code, are armed all of the time. You cannot arm/disarm smoke detectors, so they work 24/7.’

Thanks![/quote] That’s true about the smokes being armed all the time, but they still should have a zone number and a special zone definition that tells the system that they are smokes, so as to keep them armed all the time. For hard wired ones, the zone definition is 08, and wireless its 88. if you have a programming manual, then its covered in section 5!

Did you use the new V2 plugin linked in the setup guide on code.mios.com? (my link several posts back).

Are you sure you have the zone number for the smokes correct? You would need to enter the correct number, not just “any” number as you mentioned above. I assume they are both wired to the same PGM, and therefore they are probably configured as one zone!

I used the version from mios market place looks to be v. .9?
When I go tothe alarm panel and access zones here’s what I get
Zone 1 Entry Door
Zone 2 Garage
Zone 3 Dining Windows
Zone 4 Guest Bed windows
Zone 5 Den Windows
Zone 6 MBR windows
Zone 7 M bath windows
Zone 8 Lanai Doors
Zone 9 Motion sensor

I’m in process of getting a manual sent.
thanks again.

Hey Strangely,

Ok, I’ll try it tonight. I’m fighting a damn cold, so a bit under the weather. Now, can I just upload the new files and power cycle Vera or do I have to remove the config and ssh into Vera and remove the files?

[quote=“strangely, post:137, topic:167215”]@computerjohn, @TimAlls, and anyone else that may have installed the previous versions:

@guessed has updated the plug-in as part of the V2 standardization. It would be good if you could all update to the latest version and provide some feedback.

I’ve been using it for 2 or 3 weeks and it works great for me!

Setup (still needs some work) and files contained here:

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel[/quote]

@rws,

If you can, then I recommend that you uninstall it, and use the one that I linked several version back:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel

The one from the MiOS place has a few problems, namely:

PIN codes will be included in your logs, and therefor sent to MCV’s servers.
Notifications don’t work.

You can also grab the programming manual here:
http://download.homesecuritystore.com/downloadmanual.aspx?FileName=POWERSERIES-PC1832_Ref.pdf

[quote=“computerjohn, post:144, topic:167215”]Hey Strangely,

Ok, I’ll try it tonight. I’m fighting a damn cold, so a bit under the weather. Now, can I just upload the new files and power cycle Vera or do I have to remove the config and ssh into Vera and remove the files?[/quote]

Sorry but you’ll need to remove it all as there’s a bunch of stuff contained in the user data, json files within vera that will most likely not play nice.
So uninstall, restart the MiOS engine, and then add the new files and recreate etc!

Your best bet is to make a backup first, and if anything goes wrong… such as a latent bug (perhaps exposed by your specific config), or user error :wink: then at least you have a working configuration to go back to!

[quote=“strangely, post:142, topic:167215”][quote=“rws, post:141, topic:167215”]Hi all,

Thanks![/quote] That’s true about the smokes being armed all the time, but they still should have a zone number and a special zone definition that tells the system that they are smokes, so as to keep them armed all the time. For hard wired ones, the zone definition is 08, and wireless its 88. if you have a programming manual, then its covered in section 5!

Did you use the new V2 plugin linked in the setup guide on code.mios.com? (my link several posts back).

Are you sure you have the zone number for the smokes correct? You would need to enter the correct number, not just “any” number as you mentioned above. I assume they are both wired to the same PGM, and therefore they are probably configured as one zone![/quote] Got the new version installed. Everything seems to work well but it still can’t find smokes. I put in 08 for smokes (there are 2) and the program doesn’t run endlessly like it did if I entered 1 or 1,2 but still nothing shows up as far as smoke detectors.
Also, i have renamed the zones on the UI4 but as soon as I opne or close a zone they revert back to Zone 1 Zone 2 etc. Any way to get the zone names to stay changed on the UI4 interface?
Thanks again

Plugged in "F’ for smoke zone ‘number’ and it created Zone F .

Grrrr… :frowning: Ok, I’m home sick today, so I’ll give it a try today. Do I have to delete the files via SSH as well or will it overwrite?

Thanks Buddy,

John

[quote=“strangely, post:146, topic:167215”][quote=“computerjohn, post:144, topic:167215”]Hey Strangely,

Ok, I’ll try it tonight. I’m fighting a damn cold, so a bit under the weather. Now, can I just upload the new files and power cycle Vera or do I have to remove the config and ssh into Vera and remove the files?[/quote]

Sorry but you’ll need to remove it all as there’s a bunch of stuff contained in the user data, json files within vera that will most likely not play nice.
So uninstall, restart the MiOS engine, and then add the new files and recreate etc!

Your best bet is to make a backup first, and if anything goes wrong… such as a latent bug (perhaps exposed by your specific config), or user error :wink: then at least you have a working configuration to go back to![/quote]