Drapery motor and Z-Wave motor controller

[quote=“shady, post:12, topic:167781”]If you want a Somfy product then there is only one choice currently, the Somfy Glystro motorized drapery track. Sometime early next year you should be seeing a Z-Wave card for it to add to the motor to enable Z-Wave control. If you don’t want to wait for the Z-Wave module for Glystro, you can order the motor RTS (Radio Technology Somfy) and then get a Somfy URTSII connected to Vera with a USB to Serial Cable. Vera sends a serial command to the URTSII and then the URTSII sends and RTS command to move the RTS curtain motor. With RTS, no feedback or confirmation of movement will be sent back to Vera, though that may be the same thing with the Z-Wave module for Glystro is doing as I think it just triggers the dry contact on the motor (so RTS may give you a similar level of control and it is available now).

If you want something else, you could try getting something off of eBay:

Most of the tracks I see on eBay seem to be Makita-style knock-offs from China. They come with an IR remote and a wired controller and it should be possible to take the wired controller apart and wire it to a set of relays or modified Z-Wave appliance modules and trigger the curtains open/close with Z-Wave (you’d still have the IR remote too, so you could use Vera to send and IR command with something like a USB-UIRT or SQ Blaster from Square Connect). These eBay options will not be as nearly quiet as the Somfy Glystro, though they will be cheaper.[/quote]
Hi Shady, do you think these motorized track from ebay or amazon when plugged to a zwave receptacle can be opened/closed by my LTM-5 controller? i just don’t want to spend $375 for a Glydea from somfy.

At zwavemotors.com we produce a custom motorized track using a native Z-Wave drapery motor (with Silent Motor Technology), total plug and play from the Vera with full positioning and reporting
cost will depends on length of track, $395 will buy you a 8’ to 10’ system depending on options
Or if you buy a (cheaper) motorized track on ebay, make sure it has dry contact input and we can make it z-wave with our Z-wave to dry contact motor controller.

[quote=“zwavemotors, post:22, topic:167781”]At zwavemotors.com we produce a custom motorized track using a native Z-Wave drapery motor (with Silent Motor Technology), total plug and play from the Vera with full positioning and reporting
cost will depends on length of track, $395 will buy you a 8’ to 10’ system depending on options
Or if you buy a (cheaper) motorized track on ebay, make sure it has dry contact input and we can make it z-wave with our Z-wave to dry contact motor controller.[/quote]
thanks. is there a way to tell if this cheap ebay (not really cheap - $168) motorized track have dry contact input just like what you said? how much do you sell zwave to dry contact motor controller. i am not too familiar with this dry contact stuff.