Double poll zwave swtich.. does it exist?

I am looking re place this switch with a z-wave version. looked all around and can only find a scene controller (see attached)

Have a look at the Leviton VRCS2-MRZ switch.

• Garrett

i saw that one earlier but it states “Leviton VRCS2-MRZ Vizia RF+ 2 Button Scene Controller with Switches”

is this s 2 button scene controller or can those buttons also be used as on/off switches (not as an accessory)

Typically a double-pole switch is used when you need to have a light controlled by a switch in three different locations - what is called a “4 way switch”. If this is what you are trying to do, then you can use most Z-Wave switches designed for a 3-way configuration. In reality most of these are designed for “n-way” use: one Z-Wave 3-way “master” switch can usually be wired to two or more “remote” switches all from the same switch manufacturer.

[quote=“eliteproxy, post:3, topic:184501”]i saw that one earlier but it states “Leviton VRCS2-MRZ Vizia RF+ 2 Button Scene Controller with Switches”

is this s 2 button scene controller or can those buttons also be used as on/off switches (not as an accessory)[/quote]

Yes the VRCS2 is what you need. It’s expensive, a pain in the butt to setup but that’s your only option unless you use 2 switches or a inwall smart switch. I have 3 of these switches in a house and where I was able to I cut the drywall installed a bigger oldwork box and installed a 2nd switch (or 3rd depending on how many you already have) next to the old one.

Your other option is to use one of these with your stock switch. http://www.smarthome.com/aeotec-dsc17xxx-zwus-z-wave-micro-double-smart-energy-relay-switch-g2-600-watt.html This installs in the back of the box and gets wired between the switch and the light.

So 3 options that I can see.

just ordered the Leviton switch will keep you guys posted! thank you!

It will work, I have some. Just read up before you install them as they are not easy to get working right. Also I didn’t like the LED color as the rest of my switches are blue and these are green when on and off when off.