Door unlock notification no long showing user name

I have a Schlage door and was receiving notifications when the door was unlocked, including the name of the person who unlocked it (based on their pin code). After upgrading my Vera firmware to the latest version about 1 week ago, I still receive notifications but they don’t have the user name info – it just says door was unlocked, gateway ID, date & time.

I rechecked my config and it seems to be set correctly, same as it was before the firmware upgrade. I also called Vera tech support and they didn’t know why and opened a case for further review.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
???

When you upgraded, did you go from UI5 to UI7? Or were you already on UI7? Reason I ask is that the names are not stored in the lock, that is a “feature” added by Vera. Upon upgrading my own, I lost all of the names (and for that matter the codes being shown) and just get the User # being provided as having been used. Currently, when trying to delete and re-add the users, basically UI7 freaks out(it tries to change the code but fails, repeatedly) and the end result is rather disappointing.

I really hope they go back and re-evaluate\correct the way they are handling(not handling) smartlocks and codes. This was one of my favorite features of knowing who came in at what time with my door lock.

I went to UI7 last Friday… I wasn’t taken directly to the latest, rather two firmware updates got me to 1.7.569. My Schlage (BE469NX) lock still reports all the information about the user. Let me know if you need any info from my device settings.

27/04/2015 7:47:24 AM Schlage [237] Schlage [237] Device changed .
event N/A Success UserID=“1” UserName=“Name Removed” has unlocked Foyer in Foyer. Gateway ID: -------- 2015-04-27 07:47:23 N/A

I was on firmware 1.7.xxx (I can’t recall exact version) and now I’m on 1.7.1089 and it says it is the latest.
I created all pin codes using Vera and not through the door lock itself.
The pin codes and name info all still show correctly in Vera.
I also tried deleting my pin code and adding a new entry; it still doesn’t show my name in the notification.
Also, still waiting for tech support to get back to me after I opened a ticket last week.

FYI, I also have the Schlage BE469NX model, as reported by Vera.

Might want to contact support if your unit isn’t pulling the latest FW…

[quote=“dav1000, post:4, topic:187043”]I was on firmware 1.7.xxx (I can’t recall exact version) and now I’m on 1.7.1089 and it says it is the latest.
I created all pin codes using Vera and not through the door lock itself.
The pin codes and name info all still show correctly in Vera.
I also tried deleting my pin code and adding a new entry; it still doesn’t show my name in the notification.
Also, still waiting for tech support to get back to me after I opened a ticket last week.[/quote]

Just realized they have different FW for their units… You are running the latest…

Might want to also check this link from time to time for firmware release notes…

http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles

1.7.1089 is the latest for EDGE and that’s what he has.

You have either a Lite or VERA 3 and the latest is 1.7.569 for that.

They are different z-wave chips and have different firmware.
http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles

Just corrected my last post… I keep forgetting about those Edge units…

1.7.1089 is the latest for EDGE and that’s what he has.

You have either a Lite or VERA 3 and the latest is 1.7.569 for that.

They are different z-wave chips and have different firmware.
http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles[/quote]

[quote=“dav1000, post:1, topic:187043”]I have a Schlage door and was receiving notifications when the door was unlocked, including the name of the person who unlocked it (based on their pin code). After upgrading my Vera firmware to the latest version about 1 week ago, I still receive notifications but they don’t have the user name info – it just says door was unlocked, gateway ID, date & time.

I rechecked my config and it seems to be set correctly, same as it was before the firmware upgrade. I also called Vera tech support and they didn’t know why and opened a case for further review.

???[/quote]

I was unaware that stock notifications can even tell you that. Anyhow this still looks like a rubble of junk to me

27/04/2015 7:47:24 AM Schlage [237] Schlage [237] Device changed . event N/A Success UserID="1" UserName="Name Removed" has unlocked Foyer in Foyer. Gateway ID: -------- 2015-04-27 07:47:23 N/A

My override message looks like this.

Front Door Unlocked by JIM         4/28/15 7:46:12 am

There is an easy solution to where vera lacks or has issues.

Yes, previously at least, with the Schlage (not sure on other manufacturers) you were able to use a wildcard(*) in the notification message and it would provide you the Code #(not what code they used but the number of the assigned code used) and the name in the text\email.

Tech support emailed me saying I need to enable SMS or email alerting, but that has nothing to do with my issue.

So, I just called Vera tech support and they confirmed it is a “kind of known issue” and their development team is “working on it” with no target date for resolution. It may be addressed in the next firmware update, which again, has no target date.

What’s really frustrating is that it worked before and just stopped so you would think they can resolve it fairly quickly but I guess not. FWIW, at least they know about the issue…just gotta wait.

Both my Kwikset and Schlage utilize the wildcard within the scene. I just checked in UI7 and it’s still there - all intact…

[quote=“CudaNet, post:13, topic:187043”]Both my Kwikset and Schlage utilize the wildcard within the scene. I just checked in UI7 and it’s still there - all intact…

Shouldn’t be… But it might… Be an “EDGE” only issue?

Maybe only an Edge issue; I’m not sure. I didn’t want to confuse tech support further by asking more questions! :slight_smile:

FYI
I opened another case with support. He firmware upgrade from yesterday didn’t fix this issue. Waiting…

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:10, topic:187043”][quote=“dav1000, post:1, topic:187043”]I have a Schlage door and was receiving notifications when the door was unlocked, including the name of the person who unlocked it (based on their pin code). After upgrading my Vera firmware to the latest version about 1 week ago, I still receive notifications but they don’t have the user name info – it just says door was unlocked, gateway ID, date & time.

???[/quote]

I was unaware that stock notifications can even tell you that. Anyhow this still looks like a rubble of junk to me

27/04/2015 7:47:24 AM Schlage [237] Schlage [237] Device changed . event N/A Success UserID="1" UserName="Name Removed" has unlocked Foyer in Foyer. Gateway ID: -------- 2015-04-27 07:47:23 N/A

My override message looks like this.

Front Door Unlocked by JIM         4/28/15 7:46:12 am

There is an easy solution to where vera lacks or has issues.[/quote]

Oh, I missed this part. Where/how can I change the structure of the notifications? Is it done using a plugin?
I don’t need to see all the extraneous stuff like gateway ID.

[quote=“dav1000, post:17, topic:187043”]Oh, I missed this part. Where/how can I change the structure of the notifications? Is it done using a plugin?
I don’t need to see all the extraneous stuff like gateway ID.[/quote]

Yes I cheat and use VERA Alerts plugin. It allows you to create your own notification with your own message, attach pictures (from your camera in vera) send time stamps and more.

The plugin can push notifications to what ever device, email, text or what ever you want.

I use the free vera alerts app (play store) on my android devices and Prowl (apple app store) on iPhone devices.

I personally don’t like the format or filling up my device with text messages or emails, but that’s an option if you want.

Here’s a screen shot of Vera alerts when I open it, but you receive popups when an alert comes threw. This just stores them for how long you have them set to save. I can go back threw the records for times when things happen. It’s easily sorted.

PS. Don’t dial 911 for Betty the maid… She’s actually a roomba and is now safe. ;D

Haha. Good for Betty, and thanks for sharing the details.

I just spoke to tech support and they confirmed the issue still exists and “will be addressed in a future firmware upgrade.” :-\

Quick follow up question. I installed Alerts plug in and am receiving test notifications on my iPhone. But it only says generic comment like Vera Alert on Device xyz. It’s only when I go into the PishBullet app that I can see the specific alert I configured, such as: Joe opened the front door on 5/14 at 15:30.
Any ideas on how I can have the notification show me these details to avoid having to launch the PB app? I couldn’t find a setting for this. TIA!