Door Sensor HM-DW001 doesn't work with vera

Does anyone have any suggestions to get the HM-DW001 door sensor to work?

I am running 1.1.228 and have no luck.

Thanks!

Hi,

With the next available release will work with no problem!

Good news!

Any idea on the release date?

Thanks!

Are these HM-DW001 sensors supposed to work on 1.0.996? I just got one and I cannot get it to connect. I can hear the relay click when I move the magnet by. The light will light up correctly if the tamper switch is not pressed. However, while in include mode my Vera2 never sees any new devices. I even tried to do an include right on top of Vera. Nothing…

I think I have seen others with this device listed in their signature. Could this thing be DOA? Any tips?

Thanks in advance guys.

[quote=“N5NHL, post:4, topic:165733”]Are these HM-DW001 sensors supposed to work on 1.0.996? I just got one and I cannot get it to connect. I can hear the relay click when I move the magnet by. The light will light up correctly if the tamper switch is not pressed. However, while in include mode my Vera2 never sees any new devices. I even tried to do an include right on top of Vera. Nothing…

I think I have seen others with this device listed in their signature. Could this thing be DOA? Any tips?

Thanks in advance guys.[/quote]Try an exclude it and then re-include it.

Wow… That did the trick! I had no idea it had ever been seen by Vera to begin with. I’ll keep your advise in my bag of tricks from now on.

Thanks for the help.

Glad it worked. Not sure why, but it seems some devices may have already been included with another controller for some reason or another (testing or an open box product perhaps?) and if this was the case then you cant include a new device unless the device has first been “excluded”